1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to blow of steam, I'm getting stressed about transitioning to the 1stCiv Div. So I brought my 1919 out with the normal cast of characters. It was 25 out. She ran great fresh from the warm house. After some time in the cold while I was using other weapons it started to not return to Battery etc. I even have LSA home, left it on my work bench!!!

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
A very well known former member of our group used to recommend crisco in cold weather.......

but you're right - they get very finicky in extreme cold temps, just like most other semi/auto and F/A weapons.....;).

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
brassmagnet SEZ: "A very well known former member of our group used to recommend crisco in cold weather...."

No, no, no -- It was (5w-30w?) "motor oil in the cold, axle grease in the heat, and CRISCO ON SUNDAYS!" :bigun2:

At the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, when confronted by the Chinese, and GI's M1's froze up, the GI's found pissing on them worked -- seriously! In other words, it don't take much!!! LSA would be good, too.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
72 Posts
During WWII the Russians would add a little gasoline to their gun oil to thin it out and keep it from freezing. I believe I even saw a History Channel program where they tried it out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Transferring to the rank of C2? (Civvy second time around?)

It's on my horizon, but not for a few years yet. I assume you have plans to keep yourself busy after the transition?

For awareness, it's 8 PM, Monday evening, and I'm busily working on a PER (Performance Eval) for one of my guys that's due to my Chief in the morning.

:)

Joy!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, so maybe it wasn't the cold that caused my issues. She was running sluggish, headspace was golden, but upon disassembly yesterday I discovered that the plunger pin that locates the plunger had broke, causing the plunger to slip out of position. AND a piece of the cam lock was broken too. Old parts no mad, everything else is good.

So who has a spare cam lock and Plunger????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts