1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirs any suggestions (positive) :) where I could post images of museums for member viewing?
Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Museum Imagery

In the absence of any guidance, I guess 'Open Talk' is as good as any thread. We have all been to museums so I thought it might be interesting for members to post their images. Here are some from Kiev, in Ukraine.
IMG_1463.jpg IMG_1466.jpg IMG_1468.jpg IMG_1475.JPG

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Nicely done...!!

Unlike Europe,we here in the USA have not had to fight on our own soil...Kiska & Attu islands of the Allution in WW2 being the exception,so we have not had the 'spoils-of-war' to gather up on a battlefield. Our gov't. destroys all military surplus because they do not want our citizens to have this equipment. Only thing we can do is view stuff in museums...after the tanks,guns,equipment is 'demilled' to prevent its further use. They did the same thing with all the US equipment left in Europe,SE Asia and battlefields around the world.

Thank you for posting those photo's. At least the Russians teach some history to their people...!!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for contributions. Apart from your Civil War and the British deciding to leave :) its good not to fight on one's own soil. The Kiev museum and later viewing the Azerbaijan Museum in Baku are all ex-Soviet Pact equipments. Other museum imagery will be closer to home.

IMG_1471.jpg IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1494.jpg

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The Danish Military Museum in Copenhagen, the Tojhus, has an immense collection of arms from all eras and especially from WWII. Denmark was a collection point for arms of every type at the end of WWII. There are alleged to be 250,000 small arms there. The MG collection is incredible, many hundreds of examples and many tripod mounted MGs out on the floor where they can be closely inspected.
In '95 I spent three months working in Copenhagen and when I found out about that museum, I was there almost every day at lunch for a month. Don't miss it!
Check out the google site......

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts