1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the piece that mounts to the gun (and fits into the tripod) there are two grooves.

I'm just wondering what the lower groove is there for? Since it sticks all the way through the bottom of the tripod, I have NO clue...:confused:

Sorry to keep asking such "newb" questions, but I do strive to become a contributing member of this forum - thanks.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much again, Arisaka San! I just couldn't quite figure out what the extra groove was for and suspected it was to move the weapon from the tripod to a vehicle mount.. I just *fianally* firgured out what was going on with this tripod from my other post here.

I was worried that maybe this pintle would fit an M60 and not the 1919a4 I have ordered. I'm certainly sleeping better tonight!!

I'm on the west coast USA and am Pacific time and tend to stay up late on weekends (I work 4 10's). :cool: and love that schedule..

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arisaka San said:
Small world!

I'm a left coaster too.. as is a bunch of other great guys on this board.
Where abouts in KA are you? I'm in the Ventura County area.
I work from home so my hours fluctuate :D
I'm in the Sacramento area and my shooting range is up toward the Grass Valley / Nevada City area. I wish I could work from home as I have a bad back and that keeps me from working far too often. That's why I'm on the way out of my job (and this state). As much as I hate leaving my job, I am looking forwards to enjoying the buying rights that all my friends up the hill (in Reno/Carson city) enjoy.

Oh yeah, thans for posting the M60 pintle and the link, at least I know the one I have should fit my gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.