1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to get good photos of this As issued survivor (that was actually issued and used). Luckily I was able to hide this, and my M1 garand during the divorce. Now that its over, figure I would share my very early carbine. (rarer than later made originals). Inland #158829

Was nice to get this out in sun, and get pics of it and parts (some didnt come out as clear as I thought so didnt include in this.)

Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Very nice! The flip sight and no bayonet lug should have been kept.

Reactions: embalmer

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Why are you admitting that you "hid" something that might have been part of a legal settlement?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you admitting that you "hid" something that might have been part of a legal settlement?
Hid as in sold to a friend for $1 along with garand and was transferred and registered to him. After was over bought back for $1 each.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Hid as in sold to a friend for $1 along with garand and was transferred and registered to him. After was over bought back for $1 each.
Really wouldnt have mattered if the lawyers would had chased after it. I went thru this very same thing during my divorce. I was tempted to sell a substantial gun collection to a friend for $1...my lawyer told me that because the divorce had already been filed, she could come after me for the entire value of the collection even if I sold it for 1 buck. (think about it....if divorce is filed and you immediately spend your life savings on beer and hookers....you are still liable...the minute that divorce gets filed, everything essentially freezes and both parties are responsible for any joint asset they spend/trade/destroy................lawyers arent stupid, neither are the courts)

PS- I got to keep the entire collection uncontested. (That was until Cuomo made me get rid of them)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Divorce jackpot.....!!!

Long time acquaintance called me in a panic one evening........wife had hit him w/surprise divorce papers. Included a "Restraining Order"........here that means the cops are on the way to get your guns. He had hid his, wanted to sell them to me for wholesale, read; real quick........ I submitted the forms 4s & with held payment until he brought the guns.....a superb condition MG 15 & an MP 35 w/SS runes on. Still have them both. He had a Colt in Super .38, serial something close to #678. No condition though........

AAannnddd.........I went to a 50 table gun show in WVa 2-3 yrs ago & got two ex+, 100% correct IBM carbines, one came with loose post war folding stock.

PJH

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
'balmer, that's a beautiful carbine. Thanks for sharing. Just this year I finally picked up a NPM which I've wanted for a long time.

Divorce is painful when one owns firearms. Long before I filed for divorce most of the guns disappeared. When her lawyer demanded under discovery records of what I owned, he got virtually nothing. Other than a few handguns, there hadn't been a firearm in the house for a couple years.

On the other hand, when my lawyer pulled out the receipts for $30,000 in gambling activity that was the end of my ex asking for any money. She got nothing.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Beautiful carbine there, glad you were able to keep it.
I try and keep my wife on a need to know basis, but I also keep her happy.
Going on 35 years with her now and she overlooks what I do and buy. Kinda used to it by now I guess.
Will let you know what happens when she finds out about the armored vehicle though, things may change. :rofl:
I sure hope not!!! :eek:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Matt I am glad to got to save a couple of them through all this because I know how much work you put into the BAR and 1919A4 but at the end of the day the 1919 was only an SG maybe know we can do a respectable 1919 like a BA perhaps :rofl:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Matt I am glad to got to save a couple of them through all this because I know how much work you put into the BAR and 1919A4 but at the end of the day the 1919 was only an SG maybe know we can do a respectable 1919 like a BA perhaps :rofl:
Don't tempt me to go turn tricks to get funds to do that lol.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
This one still amazes me. My wife might not notice another Bren or Vickers but a Ferret armoured car!
Well it still isn't home yet so that helps, been working on it at a friends shop north of me.
I wonder how well that big piece of camouflage netting I bought will work? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
695 Posts
Capt Max,
I'd be glad to hold on to your Ferret for you for JUST 1 dollar until your problems are over (if they arise) and sell it back to you! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You gotta be doing something right with 35 years to show for it.

Steamer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts