1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....I guess this is sort of a vent/humor thread. As an FFL, I have done many transfers to clients from Grabagun.com. Never had an issue until I placed an order for myself for a handgun. Only reason I ordered from them is they advertised "comes with one extra magazine", so I thought heck - that's a $20 savings - let's order it. Fast forward - when the handgun arrived it had only one magazine in the box. I called to explain one was missing, and the person I was talking with was clearly stuck on "it only comes with one magazine". So, I directed him to the page link showing it advertised as "1 Extra Magazine included". Nope - still stood his ground, so I asked for a higher up, and got a Sr Management person. After much pleading and explaining that a NIB handgun never ships with NO magazine, so "1 Extra Mag" would clearly imply a total of two magazines {in my eyes}.

Long story short - he was having no part of it, so i asked for a return label. He grumbled and hissed a little, but did send me one [I think he knew I would contest the CC payment and we would have a long battle on our hands]. That was last year. So this past week a prior customer emails and says he ordered a Glock from them, but could nt find my FFL in their drop down list. Hmmm.....odd - but emailed a fresh copy and got confirmation etc. etc. etc....... Today my customer emails that GaG called him and said they could not send to my FFL - and he needed to pick a different one. Reason - my FFL had been Blacklisted by Sr Management for previous interactions. :rofl: No matter to me - I had no plans on ordering for myself from them ever again, but to cut off your nose to spite your face??? Very interesting policy, much like the advertising issue......

{Sigh} Oh well - just wanted to share the story.....maybe others may see it different than I did, so feedback is fine, good or bad.....:(

·
Registered
811 Posts
one extra mag clearly means two mags. Would say comes with one mag. Extra implies its in addition to the one already included.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Every new handgun I ever purchased (except for revolvers) came with two mags, and extra one would imply three to me.
He's lucky he didn't have me as his customer.:mad:
Count your blessing for not ever having to business with a company like that ever again.
I doubt they will remain in business with ethics like that.
CaptMax

·
Registered
960 Posts
That knucklebonehead isn't much of a mathematician either. The cost to return versus putting a mag in a small flat rate would have likely been money ahead, regardless of customer service.

Nice of them to blacklist you as you can now steer customers into a better direction with your personal testimonial - the most power sales tool out there.

B-D

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That knucklebonehead isn't much of a mathematician either. The cost to return versus putting a mag in a small flat rate would have likely been money ahead, regardless of customer service.

Nice of them to blacklist you as you can now steer customers into a better direction with your personal testimonial - the most power sales tool out there.

B-D
Yup. Exactly what I will be doing from this day forward..........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I probably would have chalked it up to a typo by their web page person - "Comes with one magazine" vs "comes with one extra magazine" as if it were a sales promotion it probably would have been hyped a bit, but nonetheless, why all the hoopla and blacklisting over a return? Admit the mistake and send a label or drop a magazine in the mail and eat the cost for the error - maybe dock the webbie or the person who directs the webbie $20 .... life goes on. If it works like government, sr. manager was directing the webbie and no error was made regardless of the circumstances.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Grabagun.com sounds like someone I don't even want to deal with. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I probably would have chalked it up to a typo by their web page person - "Comes with one magazine" vs "comes with one extra magazine" as if it were a sales promotion it probably would have been hyped a bit, but nonetheless, why all the hoopla and blacklisting over a return? Admit the mistake and send a label or drop a magazine in the mail and eat the cost for the error - maybe dock the webbie or the person who directs the webbie $20 .... life goes on. If it works like government, sr. manager was directing the webbie and no error was made regardless of the circumstances.
Exactly. I understand the typo on the advertising department and told him so. But regardless, without the advertised extra mag it wasn't all that great of a deal. He knew - just didn't want to accept the responsibility or loss.

Was no big deal, and I completely forgot about it until the "blacklist" issue came up a a few days ago.....BUT - it did generate a loss of trust and respect - something hard to forgive and forget. My life was not altered by the decision at all. :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks...

...Thanks for the heads up, Brass. Always good to know the scoundrels in the business. The definition of the adjective EXTRA is : adding to an existing or usual amount or number. It doesn't mean the one that comes with a new pistol. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Brass the guy sounds like an idiot so thanks for the heads up so we can stay clear. Service is too often overlooked todays business world but they certainly won't last long with those practices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts