1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready for our next shoot! Skot Ingram has a shoot scheduled for this upcoming Sunday. But that looks iffy as heavy rain is predicted. Thanks to steamer for repairing my T&E and porteroden for supplying a new AA cradle lock. I think I have my RIA '17A1 AA rig ready to go. Other than adding ammo and water, am I missing anything? Here it is:

Reactions: CaptMax

·
Registered
695 Posts
Glad I could give a little back for all the help I have received from all of you on the Forum.

Looks very nice Dan.

Steamer

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Looks great Dan.
Just don't forget the steam can, condensing hose, water, & ammo.
Better remember the camera too as we want pics while it's making some steam. :D
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
She looks great Dan and I really love the AA sight. I almost scored one of those for mine but the guy was very proud of it at 2000.00 :eek: do you have everything you need for the cradle now? Russ

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She looks great Dan and I really love the AA sight. I almost scored one of those for mine but the guy was very proud of it at 2000.00 :eek: do you have everything you need for the cradle now? Russ
I think I have everything in the cradle correctly set up now. I have an unused steam hose housed in the correct canvas bag, M1 and M1A1 steam chests, M1 and M1E1 ammo cans courtesy of Dolf, and enough belted 30.06 to make the difference.

The AA front sight is RIA marked and mint unused. It came in a box of "extra" parts that came with my ersatz 1928 Colt. Dolf said it was original and correct. That box also contained a 1917A1 carry handle.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That's a pretty darn nice set up. Rain?? Get one of those quickie shelters that pop up. I should too. The colder it is outside, the faster the gun will steam!!;) See? You can maybe save on ammo too.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rain?? Get one of those quickie shelters that pop up.
That sounds like an option, but the forecast calls for 48 hours of heavy thunderstorms bringing four to five inches of rain. Plus the road to Skot's place is unpaved which means we're going to have a mud pit.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
That sounds like an option, but the forecast calls for 48 hours of heavy thunderstorms bringing four to five inches of rain. Plus the road to Skot's place is unpaved which means we're going to have a mud pit.
Flying mud just helps to sight everything in a bit quicker. :D
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Geez! Maybe an ark would be a better idea.
Needless to say, there was no shooting for my '17A1 over the weekend. Just plenty of rain, flooding, lightning, and tornados. I guess it could have been worse.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dan but at least she is dressed up and ready to go for the next time.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Needless to say, there was no shooting for my '17A1 over the weekend. Just plenty of rain, flooding, lightning, and tornados. I guess it could have been worse.
As long as you remained above the water line, you did better than some. Hope all is well in your area. I heard from my tenant in China Spring this morning, so I assume he is still above water!

And the gun, mount and accessories look great, Dan. Well done indeed!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got a lot of water and stream flooding, but Skot got nothing and the shoot was held. I had two trees down and spent my time moving their carcasses. It was nice and dry today with the same forecast for tomorrow. Then we have Thursday - thunderstorms, Friday - thunderstorms, Saturday - thunderstorms, Sunday - thunderstorms, Monday - thunderstorms, etc., etc., etc. This is getting boring.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
The Big Orange Ball showed itself for a few hours today in Dallas. I thought I had forgotten what it looked like. I hope everyone around the state is safe, what a mess.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Boy, send a little rain to us in the northeast. DRY here, Need the rain as we have most of the corn planted now and the grass is so dry it isn't growing to fast.
Steamer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts