1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys heve been kicking a** with everything else... So here's one more.

Mystery Bayonet
Blade length approx 17"
OAL approx 21"
Tried to show the stamp that says "India"...

My guess was muzzleloader but honestly, I have no information upon which to base my assumption.

· Registered
2,142 Posts
That's OLD! looks Pre-WWI

· Registered
2,409 Posts
What you have is a replica Enfield bayonet for the .577 3 band rifle.

hope that helps.

Allen <><

· I wanna go shooting NOW!
1,446 Posts

take it from KABARNAC! nail on the head! :D

· PhD in Over-Engineering
8,755 Posts

· Mouse Machine Works
1,681 Posts

take it from KABARNAC! nail on the head! :D
The problem with that is most of these young punks won't have a clue who that is or what he's talking about!!!

· Registered
1,018 Posts
The problem with that is most of these young punks won't have a clue who that is or what he's talking about!!!
So how many of you "young punks" watched the show before "Karnac" Carson took it over? I did. I remember in particular an interview that Jack Parr did with a new, young rebel leader who had just defeated a corrupt dictator and taken over his country. When Jack asked him if he in turn would become a dictator, Fidel got excited and said he would NEVER become a dictator. Too bad Karnac wasn't there to respond.

· Mouse Machine Works
1,681 Posts
So how many of you "young punks" watched the show before "Karnac" Carson took it over? I did. I remember in particular an interview that Jack Parr did with a new, young rebel leader who had just defeated a corrupt dictator and taken over his country. When Jack asked him if he in turn would become a dictator, Fidel got excited and said he would NEVER become a dictator. Too bad Karnac wasn't there to respond.
Ok Old guy you win.... ;)
I wasn't even born when he interviewed Castro, what was that, 1959? :eek:

· Registered
2,142 Posts
I recall that image, but I do not recall "KABARNAC". I guess I was just a lil tyke around that time! When was it??? :confused:

· Registered
2,142 Posts
Must have been the early 80's then. I was born in 80. That explains why I recall that image, but not the name! ;)

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Ok Old guy you win.... ;)
I wasn't even born when he interviewed Castro, what was that, 1959? :eek:
Late '59 or early '60 - I was young enough at the time that the exact date escapes me - But yup, I'm getting to be an old geezer.

Edit - from what I've been able to find through internet searches, it was probably early to mid 1959.

· Registered
556 Posts
Late '59 or early '60 - I was young enough at the time that the exact date escapes me - But yup, I'm getting to be an old geezer.

Edit - from what I've been able to find through internet searches, it was probably early to mid 1959.
I was in 9th grade then and Johnny was the last thing on my mind:rolleyes:

Regards,
Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.