1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new owner of a semi-auto M1919. I've spent the afternoon learning to disassymble and clean the weapon. I noticed that a little wedge shaped part fell out of the gun after removing the bolt and barrel assembly. The part is .312 wide 1.1 long and .075 thick. The lock breech cam is missing its retaining screw and as I was inspecting the casing and the little part fell out. I can't figure out where it goes. Any ideas on what it does. Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Paul
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/8238/uhY30o.jpg

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Rare and hard to find. I am guessing you have a semi conversion. It would appear to be the broken off end of the thinned down trigger frame. If you need another one, there is probably still one attached to the other side. Check your trigger frame. My guess is the RH side one is missing.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
trigger Lock frame depressor finger :( if you look at your trigger lock frame you will notice that it has two fingers they lock the breech lock , well now yours has only one most likely the left one , the right side one broke off resulting in the piece you found ! if you compare it to the left one you will find it is thicker than the broken off piece which was thinned as part of the semi conversion .

You will need a new lock frame and a breech lock cam screw :(

If you can take a picture of the right side of the lock frame there are a number of people who have them already milled for a very reasonable price we just need to see your frame to determine which side plate machining will fit

Paintmanmatt has already milled lock frames for sale !

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
First off.........Welcome to the addiction!!

Wow! Do you know who built, or what Right Side Plate (RSP) was used? Looks like there's way more material removed from your lock frame then was needed. The cut should only go down as far as the barrel extension (or the extension wouldn't fit in the receiver).

Technically, (or redneckly) you could still run the gun without the right ear, but would be nice to have everything in order, especially if these weapons are new to you. Also, if you're not worried about having the original or correct head profile for the screw, I think it's a 5/16 - 24. You might be able to find a set screw that size at Ace............or Tom at KMP makes great replacements.

If you need anything, feel free to contact me directly via email at magerATtampabay.rr.com (replace the AT with @) or you can call/text me.

Matt
863-242-8326

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Man - and here I thought somebody was pulling a KCR prank..... sorry for the semi flipant answer- As Matt noted, folks will need to know the builder / pattern of the build as this apparently makes a difference. The trigger frame has to be machined down to fit the semi denial plate. I have fixed two of these now for guys, but just had the trigger frame machined locally .

·
Premium Member
6,028 Posts
Hey did anyone notice the ejector hook on his extractor? Is it me or is it broken? The pictures were not that clear but I am tiered after the creek and long drive back.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
A few notes on the pictures 1) Note the "lug" left on the barrel extension 2) look at the lock frame machining :eek: this gun does not have a standard denial island !! 3) The extractor looks like the claw hook is missing . 4) look at the trigger it looks like an ORF style sear trigger bar end .

It looks like you are going to have to send the lock frame out so the machining a new one can be done to match and i think you will want to switch to the KMP sear and trigger bar because the ORF sears are quite prone to breaking .Show us a pic of the sear out of the bolt please and trigger bar out of the lock frame and pics of the extractor !

:( sadly it looks like you are going to have to put some money in your new gun to get it ship shape and running !

·
Premium Member
6,028 Posts
Talon it seems you have a few issues going on here so my first question is where are you located as we have members spread all over. I am sure one of the members here would help if you were close but worse case scenario you can give me a call and we can discuss options and a plan of attack to get your 1919 running and more importantly make sure it runs safely. You can't use the PM feature until you get 20 posts here but call if I can help 585-7four9-888o Russ

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for the warm welcome and eagerness to help. I'm located in central Texas, Austin area. I can say I've come to the right place. Seems I have some issue concerns. I have fired the gun, though only blank fire. It works well. Don't know how long the finger has been broken as this is the first time I've disassembled the gun. I still learning all the parts and the function of the 1919. I must say it's pretty awesome to have one now,been on my wish list for some time :D. How do I contact KMP, web site? I'm willing to upgrade parts and address any safety issues. I'll post the requested pics and wait for more comments.
Matt and Russ, thank you for y'alls contact info. I'm sure I will be talking with you soon. -
Regards
Paul

https://imageshack.com/i/ipRs2dFDj

·
Premium Member
6,028 Posts
Paul if I did not say it earlier I apologize but welcome to the best beltfed site on the web and as you have already figured out most folks here are helpful. I am glad to see that your ejector is not broken as it looked in the first picture posted. Feel free to call anytime. most of the issues are small so no worries and I am glad you enjoy the Browning platform but be careful as they can be quite addicting. Russ

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Yes your ejecter claw appears intact..sure looked broke in the one pic.

I see No trigger Spring though...unless its a coil stuck on the bottom of trigger/ timing screw??

A pic of the Back of the bolt would answer the maker of your sear.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
talon17th,

until we see a pic of the sear You may not need one being one of John B McGuire`s builds !

Look at the exposed back of the sear if it has a K stamped on it you already have a KMP trigger bar and sear !:cool:

On closer look at the pic file it appears you have an early model KMP trigger bar not an ORF trigger as i first thought :cool::cool::cool:
John Builds Great guns and backs them Very well that is why they command a premium .

Here is his contact info
John B McGuire
1-931-473-8391
[email protected]

I have no doubt he can provide you with a new stripped lock frame that will drop right in !!!! A great Southern Gentleman and a superb Reputation !!! You might want to get a Spare or two as the break is something that happens with semi`s

P.S.
I just checked an KMP plate trigger frame for fit to an 80% Plate made by John i bought 6-7 years ago from him and it fits no problem but call John !! since yours appears to be a very early build and give him the serial number in case he made any changes to his island over the years !! John is a Super nice guy :D !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi fellas, I'm putting my 1919 back together. I received a new lock frame from John McGuire. Y'all were right a super nice guy who allowed me to return the broken lock frame and he sent me a new one free of charge. Now that's good business practice. I also pick up a spare parts survival pack from Sarco. One question I have is I'm missing the trigger return spring. Being a noobie to these guns, I don't ever remember having the spring one the gun. But it fired, blanks, without a problem. Can the gun cycle without the spring? Or was it on and possibly fell off without my notice. Thanks for replies and help.-Paul

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
The spring is needed to auto reset the trigger into the sear ,it provides the up force to re-engage the sear .
You can do the reset manually after each shot without one !
It is very possible yours fell off and you did not notice ,i recommend you get a spare or two or make your own patterned after the one you have out of music wire , it is Easy with 2) pair of needle nose pliers :D .

Somebody must have a picture or plans for the spring it ? :help:

There was at one time a spring plunger set screw for tapped Izzy lock sets available but not for a long time .

·
Premium Member
6,028 Posts
Hi fellas, I'm putting my 1919 back together. I received a new lock frame from John McGuire. Y'all were right a super nice guy who allowed me to return the broken lock frame and he sent me a new one free of charge. Now that's good business practice. I also pick up a spare parts survival pack from Sarco. One question I have is I'm missing the trigger return spring. Being a noobie to these guns, I don't ever remember having the spring one the gun. But it fired, blanks, without a problem. Can the gun cycle without the spring? Or was it on and possibly fell off without my notice. Thanks for replies and help.-Paul
Paul if you can shoot me an email to toolman11 (at) Rochester (dot) rr (dot) com I will send you one and you can call it an early Christmas present :cool: I am leaving for a West coast trip for 2 1/2 weeks this Thursday so bear with me but if you need it sooner I will try and get it in the mail by Wednesday. Russ

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paul if you can shoot me an email to toolman11 (at) Rochester (dot) rr (dot) com I will send you one and you can call it an early Christmas present :cool: I am leaving for a West coast trip for 2 1/2 weeks this Thursday so bear with me but if you need it sooner I will try and get it in the mail by Wednesday. Russ
Hi Russ, I like early Christmas presents:eek: Thank you very much Russ for your generosity . I sent you an email with my address. I love the help on this forum. Y'all are great thanks.
-Paul

1 - 20 of 30 Posts