1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had dealings with Neanderthal Armory , Marty Aaron Morrill Sr. 352 N. 400 E. Lehi, UT. 84043
This 07 dealer has been giving me Brain Massages for over 1 1/2 years on a SG43 semi build. He does not return calls and has a million excuses why its delayed. He original promised it in 3 months Haaaa:lol:
I secured an attorney for matter
Would appreciate some feed back with this situation
Rob

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Sounds like another builder who has gone to the dark side. :mad:
I am glad that over the years I have been able to tell those who are sincere and those who are just criminals.
Good luck, I hope your attorney can get your parts back with restitution for all of the grief you have suffered.
CaptMax

·
Registered
739 Posts
Getting an attorney is a good step. It's a shame it has to come to this sometimes. Let us know happens as it goes on.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
....a suggestion...

Might want to review the threads about 'hedgehog' from Ft. Wayne,IN and his problems with getting the builds completed. There are several things that can be done...and your lawyer might want to review it also. If there was any business done thru the mails....then it can be reported to the Postal Inspector...and is now a federal crime. Just an example.....good luck...!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Has anyone had dealings with Neanderthal Armory , Marty Aaron Morrill Sr. 352 N. 400 E. Lehi, UT. 84043
This 07 dealer has been giving me Brain Massages for over 1 1/2 years on a SG43 semi build. He does not return calls and has a million excuses why its delayed. He original promised it in 3 months Haaaa:lol:
I secured an attorney for matter
Would appreciate some feed back with this situation
Rob
I just texted him & got a response, and I'm not making any excuses for him because in my opinion 1 1/2 yrs is a little long to wait but he's getting caught up! Lonn ingram isn't much better! Patience is a virtue!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received a call today from Marty at Neanderthal Armory with details and promises of completion within several weeks. Because of WangChung's text.

I will follow up in a few weeks and let Firearm community know how things pan out.

I appreciate all suggestions and information laid out from previous incidents. Hedgehog is quite informative along with Attorney general as pointed out by my attorney.
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
803 Posts
He also told me that he'd send your parts back to you if you wanted them & he said you didn't want that either! Everybody thinks they are the only one having a gun built! He's not a crook, if he's talking to you on the phone every 20 minutes he can't be working in the shop!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have worked with Marty before. Nice guy and does nice work. He did an SG43 for me and i had a minor hiccup when i first got it. Part of the problem was me just being new to the gun and not realizing i did something wrong, and part was it just needed to be broken in. Now it runs like a sewing machine and i can't get it to mess up. The whole time he was quick with emails on what to try and what i may have been doing wrong. The build took a little longer then expected (a few months i believe) but i understand how that goes. Anytime i have gotten a firearm or part built by someone it has taken months and months longer then initially quoted. You time frame was pretty quick for an SG43 i believe. If i remember right GClark SG43 builds are taking several years.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He also told me that he'd send your parts back to you if you wanted them & he said you didn't want that either! Everybody thinks they are the only one having a gun built! He's not a crook, if he's talking to you on the phone every 20 minutes he can't be working in the shop!
Perhaps you have too much involvement to comment here as Marty's friend. Marty only returned my call because you inter veined as you said. He was sent substantially payment which I wonder if you knew it.
If you were told build will be finished next week/month time and time again over a year and half and it was not. Would you inquire where it was. As far as calling back it was not every 20 minutes. He could had called back some time while he was taking a ****. Seems like avoidance.

As far as Marty being thought of a crook, well let everyone make their decision.
They will know different when he follows through with completion. You are not helping Marty with you not knowing circumstances throwing things out there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've gotten a few things from Marty on group buys he put together and all interactions went very well. Hopefully everything works out for you soon!

·
Registered
943 Posts
He was way late on my SG43 build as well, same song and dance...... Sent $ got nothing for a long time, in the end we re-negotiated the price on account his blowing the deliver date by several months. I had to have a few stern conversation and finally got the gun. He is on Weaponsguild.com as a vendor now, I'm not going into any details publicly but it was not a good transaction. That said he is a likable guy to talk with.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I just texted him & got a response, and I'm not making any excuses for him because in my opinion 1 1/2 yrs is a little long to wait but he's getting caught up! Lonn ingram isn't much better! Patience is a virtue!
Waiting over three years on a Vickers lock with not a peep, even sent him money to just ship it back. Lonnie Ingram IS worse IMHO!!!! :mad:

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Not familiar with the vendor here, and not commenting on the transaction in question or others posted here. But as a builder who has run way overtime on promised delivery a time or two... okay, more than two... I think the biggest trap one falls into is to not be available to the customer on a regular basis. The disappearing act that some pull is the worst part. And no, one shouldn't keep making promises one can't keep. It's very easy to over promise and under deliver. Sometimes things happen that are out of one's control, but an honest accounting is always the best way to keep customer good will. I've told a few people that I simply blew it and failed to keep a deadline, and just had to eat the ego and pride stuff. I try not to put myself in that position anymore. But it can happen despite the best of intentions. So for all the vendors out there who know what I am talking about, just get in touch with your customers and don't disappear on them. Worst thing you can do is compound and make a bigger problem out of it. It doesn't matter how good your work is if you piss off the customers and get no return or referral business.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a parts kit being built thats going on 2 years now. Ive heard from the builder, but its always something. I dont know how many missed deadlines its been so far. Last one was by the end of the summer, but now its by the end of the year. At what point do I ask for my parts kit back. He also has another parts kit that I used as partial payment plus some $$$.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Perhaps you have too much involvement to comment here as Marty's friend. Marty only returned my call because you inter veined as you said. He was sent substantially payment which I wonder if you knew it.
If you were told build will be finished next week/month time and time again over a year and half and it was not. Would you inquire where it was. As far as calling back it was not every 20 minutes. He could had called back some time while he was taking a ****. Seems like avoidance.

As far as Marty being thought of a crook, well let everyone make their decision.
They will know different when he follows through with completion. You are not helping Marty with you not knowing circumstances throwing things out there.
Well now you know the whole story!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Marty= MECHWARRIOR same guy. he's also one of the Admins over at Weaponeer.

he has some nice FCG's & so on.

he recently posted that he was having some issues & you can read that for yourself here:

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=55371.msg781026#msg781026 he enters the conversation about halfway down the page.
Yes I may have jumped the gun on my assessment. I do know several folks who have nothing but praise for Marty and I shouldn't have said anything negative.
I apologize.:eek: I have spoken with him before and did not put two and two together. He seemed like an honest man.
Besides, we all have stuff (life) that gets in the way of our good intentions. Hope it all works out for him and everyone involved.
There has just been a lot of builders jumping ship with money and kits lately and it is upsetting.
CaptMax

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yes I may have jumped the gun on my assessment. I do know several folks who have nothing but praise for Marty and I shouldn't have said anything negative.
I apologize.:eek: I have spoken with him before and did not put two and two together. He seemed like an honest man.
Besides, we all have stuff (life) that gets in the way of our good intentions. Hope it all works out for him and everyone involved.
There has just been a lot of builders jumping ship with money and kits lately and it is upsetting.
CaptMax
Yes, the list of people who can't or won't live up to their obligations keeps getting longer and longer by the day. I would agree with Redroth. Lonnie is a nice guy and all but at the very least, no matter what issues he has experienced, he could have kept communications opened and returned peoples parts when requested.

Everyone gets it that bad things happen and personal problems arise but to completely ignore people who you have made commitments to is unacceptable no matter the circumstances. Regarding Lonnie, I would rather have my completed semi lock returned and just be out the coil spring conversion cost, than lose it all and have to start over as I have now begun to do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts