1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum and in desperate need of a 7.62 feed pawl. I checked online at places like Sarco and BMG and had no luck.. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
feed pawl

Call Sarco and back order one. You'll probably receive one in a few days. That's what happened to me.
I'll try Sarco again, they told me last week that it's hard to tell when and if they will get some back in stock, the whole point I am TRYING to buy one from one of you guys is to avoid dealing with big online distributors and going back to the days where one person would help another out. {If the government won't trust me with my guns I don't trust them with theirs!}

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7.62 feed pawl

I checked back with Sarco today 8/3/16, I talked to the parts guy for a few minutes. He said he did not have any 7.62 feed pawls and did not no when or if they would receive more. I asked him about a complete top cover and he said the ones there were allotted for complete part kits. I was as nice and pleading with him as I could be and he said there was nothing he could do. If somebody knows a way to buy one from Sarco or another online company please let me know, if not maybe someone on this forum could help me out. THANKS

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
7.62 feed pawl

Call back and see if they will backorder one for you. That's how I got mine.

Check out this thread. http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?21289-Difference-between-30-06-and-308-pawls
I called them twice, and they said they are not sure if they will ever be getting more in. The guy told me, you can't back order something that is not there. Thanks for trying to help. I told the parts guy about you and he said you can't believe second hand info. from a gun forum. Then I told him it was not a second hand report, the guy who back ordered it wrote the post. He informed me that would be impossible for this part at this time. I was just chasing my own tail so I thanked him for his help and ended the conversation. I am not calling back a third time to just go in circles again. I posted this request on this forum in hopes a member could sell me a spare they have or give me info. on where to get one where they are selling them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
I wonder if it is possible to heat up the arm of the 30-06 feed pawl and bend it into the shape of the 7.62?
OOW did that back in the day and they worked although a bit more brittle than the originals, I saw a lot of good early USGI marked WWI ones ruined by that process :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum and in desperate need of a 7.62 feed pawl. I checked online at places like Sarco and BMG and had no luck.. Thanks
I have one I may part with but you can't PM until you have 20 post's so start typing and get back to me :D

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Did you try Ohio Ordnance Works? I was cussing the price I paid for my spare, but I noticed they were getting hard to find and snagged one anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried the OOW. They only have 30-06 feed pawls. I think a member might help me out. If I find one somewhere, will let you all know. Thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one I may part with but you can't PM until you have 20 post's so start typing and get back to me :D
Hey toolman Seeing if you still might be able to sell me a 7.62 feed pawl. I do have one in the gun but it has seen its better days if you know what I mean. I would feel better with a different one in the gun and would use the one in the gun currently as a backup. I know the finger gets bent and the pad gets ground down some in the conversion but it looks like someone was having a party with it. Let me know either way and if you can't give one up at this time maybe you might know someone else that could help out thanks...

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
Well you have over 20 posts so you can shoot me a PM or click on my board name and shoot me an email. Russ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts