1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What I'm looking for is a few 30 Cal-7.62mm H84 Mk 1 or H83 MK2 Ammunition Boxes. The British H83 MK2, is a copy of the M2A1 made in the UK and differs from the U.S. model in that the hinge piece attached to the box is one inch taller (1-7/8) than the U.S model and the welded seam is on the hinge end. The box also appears to have been zinc or tin coated prior to painting. It is slightly heavier than the M2A1. The H83 is usually painted brown but sometimes OD.They look like these below.
If you have a few for sale, or even just one please let me know as well as what you need for it. I have to have the correct boxes in the Ferret you know. :eek:
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A shameless bump for the thread.
Even if I could just find one of these for the ammo tray in the turret that would be great.
Isn't there anyone who has even one they could part with?
I would gladly pay you for it as well as for the shipping.
Thank-you, CaptMax

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I have a couple but they are not marked for 7.62 and are a green color if you can use those as fillers.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Last resort would be to join the British Ordnance Collectors Network - http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/
Guaranteed some one would point you in the right direction for cans. Shipping from the UK may hurt though but you could get some really nice cans there.

Shame you didn't need belted .303 in the box, new CA laws say my long belts have to go soon :jedicrying:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, good to see the responses.
Apparently these cans are the only ones that will fit my ammo tray in the ferret, USGI cans are a smidgen too large. :jedicrying:
Redroth, Let me know when you get ready to sell that belted 303 as I would be interested in purchasing it from you.
Yes, I've learned all about shipping from the UK. But as they say, "It is what it is".
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,142 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a large metal British ammo can out in the barn but to no avail. It only has two of the older wooden larger British ammo boxes inside..

·
Registered
619 Posts
Need a few 7.62 British Ammo boxes.......

Font Nameplate Metal

I have some of these and I think I have a crate with four cans in the storage shed.
I'll have to dig them out.
PM me with an address.

AZB

·
Registered
619 Posts
Need a few 7.62 British Ammo boxes.......

Went out to the shed and found this.......Would look good on a Ferret.......:cool:

AZB

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all those that offered help, I do appreciate it.:thanks:
Special "Thanks" to the ArizonaBeagle for his gracious deal on the items I needed. :urtheman:

They will look very nice mounted on the rear fender of the Ferret when it is completed. :D
CaptMax

1 - 13 of 13 Posts