1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just obtained an OOW BELT LINKER and am having the hardest time getting the links loaded, does someone here have any helpful advice or tips on getting this done?:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
What ammo and which links?

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Looking at a pic of the loader it says will load 30-06, 8MM, and 7.62 NATO.

First, is the press set for NATO rounds (length - if there is an adjustment for it). Are the links set in correctly? Can you post a pic of how you are setting up? That would help a lot in solving issues.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Are the links positively IMI links? There is a difference in pitch between IMI and USGI links.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
If there is a flare on the inside of the (small ) neck ring they are USGI 30 06 rings . If all of each link is straight walled then they are Izzy links .

·
Registered
625 Posts
Another possibility is that you have IMI links and the OOW link loader is made for USGI. Without knowing the pitch of the link loader it's impossible to know for sure what's going on. That's why I make the M7-1 plates in 2 different designations. M7-1 IMI and M7-1 USGI. Check the center to center distance on the links you're using as well as the link loader. That will tell the story. If you have questions, please email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I may need to check my links to be sure, if they are not Israeli links, that would explain a lot.
The Cal .30 (.30-06) uses the M1 link and each link will be marked M! along with the mfg. code and as well as the belled small loop. At end of this article there are pictures and drawings of the links. http://m1919tech.com/26513.html

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked a sizable number of my links and they all appear to be IMI made, so the mitigating factor here has to be me ( AKA "User Error). Therefore, it seems that I am going to be using the "trial and error" method to perfect my technique.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
This may help or there may be other similar YT video's.

·
Registered
625 Posts
As a general FYI about links is that there is a variety of links that don't fit into the USGI (M1) or the IMI (IZZY) links such as some which are marked with a broad arrow which are for the .303 British and these and some others are still another pitch. We make every effort to make our link loaders to the nominal dimension for each link to ensure trouble free operation but with clarity as to which link each plate is for. I'm glad you found your problem because those kind of things can be really frustrating and as you found out there's always someone on this board who knows about the very problem you're having and also has a solution.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got a linker a while back, and the pitch is off from my links by just a bit, so I can only put together about 6-7 rounds at a time.

Have you tried doing just 4-5 to start and see if it works that way?

NS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts