1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on this project for over 15 months now and I'm now looking at buying the most proper tripod for this 'Franken' rifle. It is a stretched ORF milled Yugo reciever that now accomidates the 7.62x54r round. It incorporates a PSL bolt & bolt carrier, PSL magazines, reprofiled UK59 Heavy barrel, custom gas block, custom FS, custom handguard retainer, PKM buttstock and RPK hand guards, Israeli HB bipods & coupler, PSOP 8x42 scope, etc. It weighs 17.7 lbs with a loaded mag & scope mounted. I call it the 'Beast'.

I'm looking for advice on a good tripod that can be adapted/modified to run this rifle. Since I know next to nothing on tripods, T&E's and so forth... I am in need of good advice and a bit of direction. I can fabricate a new mounting system to the reciever so the the rifle can be mounted...but I haven't selected anything yet.

Btw, this is my first post. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
best tripod/ bipod

hy, it depends, what kind of position were you thinking of
laying down, sitting, ore standing up
iff your planning on standing behind the gun a german mg 42 post war AA tripod would work the best, you can even lower these down to sit behing them.
laying down you could use what ever you would like to spend
a 30 cal m2 tripod would work, you can buy a repro, ore an original, to save cash i would go for a decent made repro
one of the forum members is making these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at the M2 variants and the PKM tripod. Laydown or sitting behind is what I imagine with this gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts