1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents im new to 1919a4 game. Picked this Valkyrie arms a4 with a mag58 tripod(i think). Chambered in 30-06. The issue im having is that its not ejecting the brass properly. No matter whether i try 308 or 30-06. It will fire and pull the brass back but it wont push it free from the t-slot. It goes back forward and sits just below the chamber. Got the gun and tripod for 2800 about 3 months ago. Any help would be appreciated
53E64CE0-F584-4E66-A9BE-0C29DF6703A3.jpeg

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
If you are shooting only .308 the bolt may need rework / i.e. opening up the slot slightly to accommodate the different size heel base of 7.62 NATO.
That's all I have at the moment......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are shooting only .308 the bolt may need rework / i.e. opening up the slot slightly to accommodate the different size heel base of 7.62 NATO.
That's all I have at the moment......
Well i tried both calibers and it did the exact same thing.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
If you do a google search you will see that a one or two piece booster assembly screws on to the end of the barrel shroud. It has a hole in the end of it where the round exits but it traps gases and assists with the gunning cycling properly.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I am not sure , I think Valkyrie used some kind of AR hammered trigger group of some kind...so it hard to tell what the firing pin setup may be....But it sounds like the primers might be swelling / flowing / backing out...Try to slide the spent cases through the T slot...Inspect the primers ...How big is the FP hole in the bolt face.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The booster cone for each caliber is different. Do you swap them out when you switch caliber. Generally you can get away with using a 7.62 bolt but booster cones can cause confusing issue if you don't know the difference. .535 hole for 7.62.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not sure , I think Valkyrie used some kind of AR hammered trigger group of some kind...so it hard to tell what the firing pin setup may be....But it sounds like the primers might be swelling / flowing / backing out...Try to slide the spent cases through the T slot...Inspect the primers ...How big is the FP hole in the bolt face.
Yes its a modified AR trigger. Will try to slide a spent casing through.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Inspect the bolt face for any damage and try swapping the extractor spring but be careful with the rod of death.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Inspect the bolt face for any damage and try swapping the extractor spring but be careful with the rod of death.
Cjnowell72, Did you ever get the problem identified ? A different extractor swap may get you closer to resolving this issue. Also, as was previously suggested, did you check for roughness and burrs, make sure everything moves smoothly inside the receiver, especially the bolt. There may be something catching on something, or just a slight interference, just enough to slow things down, so as to prevent proper energetic ejection of brass.
Hope this helps some. Jim.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes its a modified AR trigger. Will try to slide a spent casing through.
Cjnowell72, Did you get your issue resolved ? If so what was causing it ? Also, I do have a question for you regarding the lock frame in your Browning. I am interested in the unique hammer fired lock frame set up, and you seem to have the rare version. If you can please message me back, or email [email protected] dot com
Thanks. Jim.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts