1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I tried doing a search on the ATF.GOV website on the proper procedure in demilling a RPG-7, I even did a internet search for it, but it's not there either, tred a search on this website and came up bupkis as well. I know they had it, because it was on their old site, now it's not there when I want it.

I found a 2005 ATF letter someone wrote the tech branch about importing a RPG and asked what the procedure to demill it, but that's not what I'm looking for. looking for the one that ATF had on their website in a PDF file, that had a very clear and large picture drawing of the RPG-7 in color and where the hole should be etc.. I believe it also had a procedure for a demilling a mortar with it as well and maybe one other DD in that file

so, I figure maybe someone downloaded that PDF file and it's on their computer, if they could post it I would be grateful, or if they know where on the ATF website that is that would great also. I believe I went through every ruling and letter and I can't find it.

thank you

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
While my memory is FAR from ATF rulings, if I remember correctlty:

A hole cut in the rear, at least the diameter of the tube. Must also be welded through the bore axis at some point.

Maybe that will at least get you pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Traditionally the hole must be larger than the projectile

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
demilling

The bazooka I bought had hole bored into it with a hole saw, it was the size of the bore, then they drilled four holes through the tube and welded,JB weld, rods through it,they actually sent the drilled out hole piece so I just taped it from the inside and put a little bondo on it, the big hole is kind of stupid, if you could find a live 3 inch round it would still shoot out of the tube even with the big hole in it, might get a little back blast though it but as long as it's not pointing at you so what, I've always wanted to build some rockets from dense foam then stuff a D rocket in the back end!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hole in the barrel, in the high pressure area, the size of the bore or larger. Rod welded across the bore to prevent insertion of projectiles. That's it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts