1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost ready to file my first Form 2 for manufacture of a group of automatic weapons that will be complete in a week or so. Reading the NFA manual online I see that my SOT and SOT expiration date are required on the Form 2. However the form has no specific space for that information. There is box (b.) labeled "Permit Number" but the definitions on the instructions for the form refer to that as a place to list the number for a previously issued ATF Form 6, "Import Permit".

Am I over-thinking this? Is the SOT number listed in box (b.) when reporting manufacture of NFA firearms?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yes, permit number is for F-6; they have an expiration date. If you check item #1a it says complete b & c if it's imported. A mfg does not need to put anything there. Don't worry about your SOT expiration - NFA knows that and it will be verified as part of the processing. The NFA employee does not have easy access to search for your import permit so providing the number helps locate it for verification.

The handbook hasn't been updated for about 7 yrs. I'm too feeble minded to recall if the F2 even had a space for that info back then, but there were some things that just plain needed corrected anyway and that could be one.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ranger. I spent a long time working for the gubbermint so forms and instructions that don't match isn't new territory for me. Just wanted to hear from someone with more experience than I have dealing with this particular one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts