1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought these 250 round belts. Are they real US GI belts and known to be good quality? Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Those look just like the 5 I found at a small shop the other day. Two of mine were tagged with a name and unit number. What number is stamped on the starter tabs?

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Look like NOS 1942 250 rounders. Do not turn them pink!

·
Registered
439 Posts
iRIGHTi said:
Look like NOS 1942 250 rounders. Do not turn them pink!

Does that mean use the green tranny fluid?

I'm still trying to puzzle that whole thing out.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
I'd leave them alone as far as soaking/treating and just use a 1918 loader to load them. I've never treated a cloth belt and have dozens of them, from 250 rnd NOS to green used 1940 50 rounders. Just a real ***** to load NOS the 1st time without a 1918 loader.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
.....cloth belts

Looks like you hit the jack-pot !! I agree...look to be original WW2 NEW belts. Best thing to do is to use them. Use that 1928 Arg. belt loader....put it to work....unless you have sent it back already. If so,send ME the belts with your ammo (30/06,.308,8MM,7.65 Arg. or 7MM) and I'll load them for FREE ... as long as you send the return postage. Where can you get a better deal than that? WHOA......just got a better look at those belts....bet the two with the brass starter tabs are pre-1941.....see any dates on them??

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good news. I thought I may have been taken advantage of.

LM999, The brass tab belt have something that could be a date. It says RMC42 at the end of the patent number. The other belts are clearly marked "1942"

I called the vendor about the belt loader and they think they may have shipped me the wrong unit. The belt loader guy is out until Monday and he'll fix me up when he gets back.

That's a very generous offer to load my belts. You are a very kind fellow. It just so happens I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks and have nothing to do. So I'm heading towards your house with 30,000 rounds of Turk 8mm and a bunch of belts. I hope you have extra room at your house, because this 1919 hobbie has left me broke and I can't afford a hotel. I don't eat much so don't worry. Mind if I bring my 3 dogs along? They get real scared if I leave them at home They'll be no bother. We can just put them in your bathroom and they'll be fine. Well, please email me your address and I'll see you in a few days. Thanks again for the offer. You are a true asset to this board!!

999, I'm just kidding man about showing up at your house to load belts. LOL!!! That WAS a very nice offer though. I think I'll end up with my own belt loader here pretty soon, so I'll load em up myself. Thanks again though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts