1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB: I am looking for a mg42 mount for my mg42 AA tripod. The tripod I have is set up for the 1919a4 but I would like to get a mount for the 42.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I know I kept the parts when I converted mine to A4. The trick is, I have no idea where they are. If I can turn them up, I'll let you know. Meanwhile, perhaps someone else will come through.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I'm 'lucky' to find I'm not the only one that disorganized! And I'm 'rollin' in the aisle laughing with myself at my wit! I wonder how many of the rest of us are also -- disorganized, that is, not laughing at my wit. I know there are some here who have everything stacked, boxed, labeled -- and probably have an on-line inventory system too. It's like the old SARCO (Sell Anything Rusty, Corroded or Obsolete) line "while we were digging through a bunch of nasty old crap we came across this pile of really neat old stuff, now listed here for sale at fabulous prices."

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

Lucky13 hope you find it, let me know.

GWR1 What do ya mean disorganized. LOL
I am the type of guy who keeps things in labeled boxes, at least when we're moving. My wife will tell ya, in the home we lived at pior to '99, I had alot of things labeled in boxes, in the garage from the last move. They sat on their shelfs for 16yrs. LOL When we moved to Indiana I left most of it, if not all, there and the baby crib in the rafters. We've been here about 14/15yrs and I think she's over it. LOL
Now my problem is cleaning, I look at an item that I have not needed for a year or so....Frak it, throw it away, just collecting dust. A year or so later I'm looking all over for that thing I knew I had. And sadly that's maybe were my mg42 AA head is. in the trash.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I have a couple of them I took off a few years back. Not sure what they are worth though. I used many of the stems for making adapters for the 1919's when I was doing that kind of stuff.

The two I have are complete, although they need paint.....

·
Registered
472 Posts
mount

i could use one of the mount parts also depending on the price if one becomes available after the original poster gets his

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brassmagnet,

No problem with paint, it strips easily. Back in the day I colded blued mine, held up great.
I'm only looking for the top stem (pintle) part with the mg42 connector.

The top stem assembly with mg42 connector & a trigger release goes into the lower stem assembly. Don't remember if it was bolted or pinned. The lower stem has the two smaller ring areas so it can be pinned for quick up or down adjustments. The lower stem is what I built my 1919 adapter on, the top I probably got rid of, don't remember what I did with it.

I haven’t a clue what there going for, throw me a price for the top and if you don’t want to separate the two assemblies, give me your total. I can always make another 1919 set up on the lower pintle stem and sell it. Maybe break even, that's a good thing on a fixed income.

Thanks
Rich
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I better make sure I'm on the same page as you are. These are the parts I have here. I'd recommend a Medium FR Box for shipping these.

I'm going to figure on $40.00 per piece plus $12.95 Med FR Priority shipping. I'm throwing it out as that price since there is no guideline on a value here other than a % of the total tripod itself. Post an I'll take it, and follow with a PM if interested.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
You might also check the regional rate boxes . If you're close and item is light you can save some $$$ . Not sure if they come with the free $50 ins. the flat rates now have .
Chris

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
You might also check the regional rate boxes . If you're close and item is light you can save some $$$ . Not sure if they come with the free $50 ins. the flat rates now have .
Chris
I have all the FR boxes here at my shop, so it's a matter of convenience :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brassmagnet,

Yes sir, were on the same page, but I only need one. There was a gentleman also looking for one in message #6 , Tanktrack.

I can't see in the pic, but is there a hole for the mounting pin to go through the stem?

If so please pick the best functional unit, good trigger release & movement on the up/down pin.

Please Email me on arranging payment.

Thank You
Rich
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
There seems to be some misunderstanding on the price - perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been, so I will restate my price. It is $40.00 per upper stem plus shipping and handling as stated. I'm sorry for any confusion - it was always meant to be per item, with two available. ;)

No one will be held to any offers given or received at this point, so if you are interested, please send a new email or PM. Right now there are two available.

Thanks....brass....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're still a go for one unit. I have your info, Check will be on it's way.

Thank You,

Rich

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I have all the FR boxes here at my shop, so it's a matter of convenience :D
I have those plus the regionals at my shop . They will deliver a sleeve of them , no charge , just like the flat rate. Many a time the A box will get there at about 1/2 the price difference between the small and medium flat rates . A four buck savings is four bucks , so why not . This item is a perfect example . The bigger regionals usually cost more that the bigger flat rates , but for light / close trips they sometimes work .
Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brassmagnet,

Thanks again, received yesterday and it was better than you described.
Did take a wire brush to it and then cold blued. That's so it will match the finish on the AA tripod I already have.

Thank You,

Rich

1 - 19 of 19 Posts