1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help…I have a MG3 tripod, really good shape, and a TLC Guns & Ammo Inc Adapter for the 1919A4 (mine is semi auto). The recoil springs on the tripod, though I believe are 35#, apparently in my case are too soft as the gun will not fully cycle; charging handle goes all the way back and then only half way forward and won’t fire unless you physically push the handle completely forward. I know it’s the MG3 tripod recoil springs as the gun shoots just fine on a M2 tripod. I have searched but can’t find how to remove the springs so I can shim them/put in spacers to make them have less travel thinking this might firm them up enough to cycle the 1919. Anyone out there with a MG3 tripod that can help me with dismantling/removing the springs or had similar problem, please? (maybe with pictures)
Thank You

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just thinking out loud here, but don't the MG3 tripods have a blank fining piece that restricts the springs? It's a red or orange piece from what I recall. I don't have an MG3 tripod, I have the war era style, but I think this piece will help you with your issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thinking out loud here, but don't the MG3 tripods have a blank fining piece that restricts the springs? It's a red or orange piece from what I recall. I don't have an MG3 tripod, I have the war era style, but I think this piece will help you with your issue.
Yes, it's there, and is on mine; but for some reason the recoil spring tension on my tripod is keeping the gun to cycle fully...I called and talked to TLC Ammo and he said sometimes this happens to the full auto people...anyway I was hoping this might have happened to someone else and they found a solution, or at least someone who has replaced the recoil springs. Thank You for your response.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
This picture shows what pins to remove to add spacers. Just tap the pins out, slide the end pieces off, and do your thing.....you will need to compress the front springs to put the nose piece back on, JFYI.

Red spacer can be removed by pulling cotter pins and lifting off. See picture.

spacersMG3.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts