1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Have a stupid noob question for you guys. recently came across two M2 barrels for sale locally and picked them up, cause why not?!? One was used but in good condition and had the handle on it and the other looked to be unfired or damn near close. Well the belt feed bug finally got me and am enjoying the 1919 I have and building another currently. Now one of these barrels alone about weights as much as a 1919A4, question I had for you all here was, what is the best/cheapest way to ship these? Am planning on selling them to fund my ongoing projects, but wanted to get my ducks in a row first. Ever place I checked online, USPS, FEDEX and UPS wanted a **** ton to ship these! Also what would you guess the shipping cost should be? Maybe they quoted me correctly ($250ish)
Greatly appreciate the help guys
Wood

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
OOW just sold a bunch of well used M2HB barrels and shipping was no where near that. I don't remember what it was but it was cheap enough to justify getting a shot out bbl to cut for a BP cannon project I had in mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOW just sold a bunch of well used M2HB barrels and shipping was no where near that. I don't remember what it was but it was cheap enough to justify getting a shot out bbl to cut for a BP cannon project I had in mind.
Who did you use?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shipped a KPV barrel a few weeks ago using UPS. It was 5'Lx10"Wx10"H and weighed a little over 50lbs. Only cost me $85 to ship it halfway across the country if that gives you a better range on what it might cost.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
They shipped it FedEx (assume it was ground). They've got new bbls and shipping est in their check out was only $34 to AL. I'm sure they get a pretty good discount but you ought to be able to ship one for $50 or less.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Who did you use?
OOW is a retailer, they get HUGE shipping discounts from UPS and Fedex. Thats how they can afford to occasionally ship for less than actual cost. AIM used to run free shipping on their 30.06 and 8MM all the time. I worked for a Large Harley Davidson dealership years ago and IIRC, we paid about 60% of the retail shipping rate.

PS- Im not shitting on OOW. Its part of doing business. (It just pisses me off when I have to pay 10 dollars to ship a 4 dollar part) :mad:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was looking at purchasing several of the .50 barrels from O.O. and found that it was far cheaper to have them ship one or two barrels verses three or four which jacked the shipping costs sky high. Solution was to place multiple orders for lesser amounts and the shipping was very nominal. You may wish to try that instead of shipping them together. Often you just have to play around with shipping to see which method is going to cost less for you. Best of luck.

Frank in GA.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
For heavy shipments look at motor freight (truck line). The cost might be competitive with multiple cartons going by the little brown truck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
M2HB BBL's

What are the mnfg markings on the BBL's. I may be interested in buying.
The last BBL I had shipped to MI from KS was $50.00 via Fed-X.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts