1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a pre-may FND in 30-06.
It will fire one round but will not eject brass. Semi or full auto.
Cleaned and lubed liberally

Gas port opened all the way and closed all the way.

Lake city ammo

What on earth can I do next?

Gas port question, should the cap cover all holes? If so maybe it's just not closing enough. Will anyone post a pic of their gas port?

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
...gas and extractor...

Might check and see if extractor will pull case out manually and eject the round. If so,then it's probably the gas system. All holes should be covered/closed to check out functioning of system.

·
11,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ejects manually just fine.

When I have the end screwed down what I feel is all the way 2 holes still show

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Man, you have ALL the cool toys! Wish I could help, but my FN model D is over in the unicorn stall...:(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Damage to the case rim?

Chamber rough?

Extractor have enough tension? It might have enough tension to manual cycle but under pressure the spring might be shot and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
you might try a different barrel, but if there is enough gas escaping around the piston it will not cycle. all parts are replaceable ... Try a different op rod, try a different barrel. Without having the gun here or photos to show the situation it is hard to diagnose.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Not familiar with the gas regulator on a "D". My experience has been with 1918A2. Is the hole in the gas regulator body lined up with the hole in the gas block/barrel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts