1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple MG34 parts I am going to be selling and am looking for some estimates as to what they are worth.
All parts are original and in good functional working condition.

1) Wooden butt stock with no metal parts, just the wood. Serial #8888
2) Bipod like the MG42 style with no adjusting nut
3) Adjustable legs bipod, believe these were converted from the ZB30 bipods.
4) Complete bolt assemblies with perfect rollers, various markings.

Any help with pricing would be greatly appreciated.
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump for some info.
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Wow over 90 views and no comments on value that just means they are not worth much so ship them to me as I love worthless stuff like this ;) Not really up on the 34 market these days CaptMax but surely they hold value as the 34 stuff has gotten scarce these days. I will do some digging and see what I can find on prices for you. Russ

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Wow over 90 views and no comments on value that just means they are not worth much so ship them to me as I love worthless stuff like this ;) Not really up on the 34 market these days CaptMax but surely they hold value as the 34 stuff has gotten scarce these days. I will do some digging and see what I can find on prices for you. Russ

The guys who know the worth are PM'ing him as they want to lowball him and make offers. Hes sitting on a nice pile right there.

Im going to shoot from the hip here...

Buttstock is worth 50-200 depending on condition and codes
Original style bipod...oooohhh.....Im guessing another 200
Post war Izzy rework bipod, 75 to 100
Complete bolt, 150-375, depending on markings and condition.

Now, as compensation for my evaluation services, I request the original bipod as tribute.....

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I watch 34 parts on GB and most of the prices are on the high end, waiting for somebody that really needs that part. I think Scott's estimates are spot on, with the lower price a more realist price unless you want to wait for a desperate individual to come along. The stock, unless really junk, is worth $75 if in good shape and Izzy, or $125+ if German. The CZ bipod has little value except to somebody who will take any bipod just to have a bipod, but there are kits out there w/o bipods. Average bolt asking price is $250 across the board, but those that actually sell go for $175, and even then it's slow.

If I were to sell them here w/ no photos I'd ask $150 for the stock, $200 for the German bipod, $70 for the CZ bipod, and $150 for the bolt, and work down a few bucks if not sold within a week.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the prices guys. I think your right in the ballpark of what I was guessing.
I will get some pictures and post these in the WTS forum this week, that is unless my friend Russ needs them.
He has done so many favors for me I need to start returning the same. :eek:
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Thanks for the prices guys. I think your right in the ballpark of what I was guessing.
I will get some pictures and post these in the WTS forum this week, that is unless my friend Russ needs them.
CaptMax
I held that damned steel-tipped stock and wanted it bad, but he wouldn't let me have it. He must love you more, though he's often referred to as "my other wife".

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
CaptMax
I am good Max sell them to keep that Ferret project going but thanks for thinking of me :cool: I should be home someday to get your 34 bakelite buttstock with the metal tips out for you and sorry it has taken me a bit but I still have not been home since March!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts