1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I purchased a new ORF 1919a4 from CDNN of Texas. Today I had the first chance to try it out. Using IMI links and factory Lake City ball ammo the weapon will not feed. It seems to want to jam up in the feed way area sometimes it will chamber a single round but will not advance to a second one. This is my first belt feed weapon. Is it possible to load the links wrong? I linked up about 20 rounds by hand. Also the top cover latch was nearly impossible to move without using a small hammer and a block of wood to loosen it up. And it takes a lot of pressure pulling to the ejection side of the weapon to get the top cover closed. I hope these problems are user error as the gun is fresh out of the box. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yea Crow, Mac's got it..

Feed the belt in with the two empty holes first, not the single hole..

(I'm talking about the difference in the two end's of the belt.. I hope you understand..)

Tim

·
Registered
886 Posts
My ORF was tight on top cover,,its getting looser with use,,Ijust use cloth belts,,no wear and tear(on gun).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still not working

Thanks to all for the input!. Could this one only run on belts? I have enclosed a couple photos of the weapon. I only have the izzy links to try as I dont have any belts yet none were provided at the discounted price. The first round will sometimes chamber followed by the second one being wedged in the feed area with the rear on the cartridge cocked to the left. Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
No I mean run the belt one link forward. Mine was tight in the feedway and will not feed belts two loops forward.

I turned my links around and this thing RIPS through belts.

When your runing it does it pick up the last round from the belt? Mine wouldn't if I run the belt the way everyone says its supposed to go. When I turned the belt to run it backwards it runs perfect feeds pefect and picks up all the rounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am new to a belt fed weapon. So I am not quite sure what you are saying by running the belt links forward? Are there any pictures here that might show this config? Sorry to be so ignorant. I have spent 2 evenings trying make it work. It seems to want to pull the belt sideways if it moves it at all. It has no problem if you load one round at a time with no links. It fires and ejects without any problem. It never has been able to run 2 rounds through one after the other. Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
I think he's saying try it from the other end first. One end has one loop in the link exposed - the other end has 2 loops in the link exposed. Try it both ways.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We're having the same problem with a new ORF from CDNN. Tried running the links thru both ways with no difference. Right now it looks like the belt holding pawl spring is way too stiff. Takes a lot of force to push it down. We'll see if that solves the issue.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
ORF Gun

My first 1919A4 is an ORF gun and it will run links, but not as reliably as belts! Mine will run about 25-30 rounds and a link won't clear the ejection port. I looked and the RSP was just a "tad" higher than the trunnion. This is where I think my problem is. I run belts98% of the time and it runs flawlessly with them.

Take a close look at the ejection port of the RSP and make sure both surfaces are level with each other. Just a point to check!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the clarification on the links. I have tried to run the links with all combinations and have had no luck. I am going to try and borrow a cloth belt from a friend of a friend and see if that takes care of the problem. If not perhaps I can send it to the manufacturer to check it out. :confused: Eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
Feeding Problem

Make Sure The Feed Pawl Lever Is NOT LOOSE Jumping Out Of The Groove Track On Top Of The Bolt. I Had The Same Problem With My Orf. Mine Had The Washer In The Wrong Place. Now It Works With Out Problem.
Adrian

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine........ I chased the problem down to the links. I was using USGI links with .308. I found that the gun would not pull the next round from the links because they were to tight. If you can not pull a round with out major effort then this could a problem. I also had problem with the gun not wanting to lock up after i cycled it. It work awsome with the top cover open but when I closed it the bolt wouldn't lock up. I ended up filing a little off the rear cart stop and a little off the top cover accuating rod.

American_pride

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ORF 1919 update

I had to return my rifle to ORF for repairs as it would not feed period. I had enclosed a list of problems that were present with the weapon. They were kind enough to send a call tag and return ship it to me with no charges. It now functions fine and all issues were taken care of in a timely fashion. I am very pleased with the top notch service that I received from Todd at Ohio Rapid Fire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts