1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have decided to go through a few more crates of some of the machine gun parts I have. Please let me know if you see anything you recognize. Thank you in advance for your help and advice. Also if you see something you cannot live without let me know.
Jesse

Technology Electronic device Auto part Gadget
Screw Knockout punch Tool accessory Bumper Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Plastic Auto part Technology Electronic device Font Metal

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I assume number six and seven (counted from the left to right) are the same part from different angles (number 8 in the first picture) . They sure look like the locking piece from a Browning Auto 5 shotgun. I will have to dig one out and have a look. There were actually several model that used a similar locking piece like the Remington model 11 and Model 11-48. And even a Stevens model.

I just dug through my M11 Remington parts box and yup it even has the same "P" stamped on the side.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. Thank you for that. It seems that hardest pieces to identify are usually the civilian pieces that got mixed in. Usually no numbers etc...
J

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
# 8 is either Remington Model 11 or Savage 720. Both are licensed copies of the Browning and most parts are interchangeable. # 1 is a firing pin although for the life of me I don't remember which artillery piece (Cannon/Mortar/Recoiless) it fits. I've got one in my junk drawer too. # 5 looks like an AK47 mag catch

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Number 5 might be a release handle for the pintle latch (known as the cam pintle lock release) for the M2 or possibly M3 tripod . A side view would help and also measurements.
In examination of two them I determined that their were various lengths of the flat rounder part. I have one that is half an inch in length and is bent downward. The other is straight and is a full inch long.
That piece does appear to be milled however and most of those handles were stamped I believe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled it out to measure it and looked at the previous post. AK47 mag release. I thought no way. but it is an exact match. Is the BA stamped on the two pieces ( 2 and 6) Buffalo Arms?
Thanks for all of y'alls help and ideas.
Jesse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts