1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where else to post this so here goes...

Does anyone have an original M48 dash mount for the jeep?

I have some of the parts but I am missing the TRAY-C144957. After searching for months, I am resigned to building one of these but I am in need of dimensional drawings and/or information. Not only is it irregularly shaped but the lower edge is tapered up presumably following the glove box contour.

If anyone could send dimensional info I would be grateful. If anyone has a tray or a complete kit for sale, I'm interested. If anyone has a tray and they'd be willing to loan it to me for a couple weeks, I will be glad to offer a security deposit against its safe return.

Thanks for any help.
Darryl

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Im pretty sure the thing you are looking for is the "ready box". It held 100rds of 30-06 or 50rds of .50. Rare. Usually comes with a long tail cradle, also rare. No repops so far and singles made to go on the pins of your mount are most likely made of unobtanium. j

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but not the TRAY I need

Im pretty sure the thing you are looking for is the "ready box". It held 100rds of 30-06 or 50rds of .50. Rare. Usually comes with a long tail cradle, also rare. No repops so far and singles made to go on the pins of your mount are most likely made of unobtanium. j
Thanks for the reply. Mounting the ammo cans is a different issue. The TRAY-C114957 is an irregularly shaped rectangular lipped piece that fits INSIDE the glove box of the jeep and provides a stiffening support between the dashboard and the firewall of the jeep. It attaches in the engine compartment near the gas filter and in the cabin attaches to the M48 mount. I'm just guessing but it looks like 10 or 12ga bent and welded metal but I've only seen pictures.
Darryl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts