1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Trying to find a blueprint for the 1917a1 rear sight leaf/blade. I am building a dummy gun and have already built the water jacket from prints and have started machining a rear sight base. I’ve ordered most of the parts for the sight just not the leaf itself. Anybody have a print they could share? Email?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Looks great so far (y) I know Lucky13 has the drawings but he is at the SAR show right now so send him a message and give him until next week when he gets home from the show.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. This has been an interesting build. Built this as a 1919 dummy years ago when demilled parts were dirt cheap. Sold a beautiful 1928 water jacket & trunnion at Knob creek a few years ago because I couldn’t afford a 1917 tripod. (Stupid) A buddy just bought a tripod and now I’m back to square one.
Followed a build on the G503 forum using 105mm shell cases for the brass end caps. Seems to be going well so far. I want the rear sight to be as close as possible without breaking the bank. Numrich order should be here soon so I can start reverse engineering

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,

If you interested I do have original 1917 rear leaf sights for sale. Just PM me.

Thanks,

·
Registered
911 Posts
1917 or 1917a1?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts