1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any lahti experts out there? Have tech question with problem on extracting brass case with friends gun.

Also anyone have an idea what a original spare parts chest full of the small internal parts is going for these days and a possible source?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The case head rim or edge is damaged from what looks like extractor yanking it out forcefully and actually tearing the brass

The ammo case was a little dirty thinking that's the problem but never seen something still extract the shell but damage it like that before. Has actual notch in the rim from it. On a few cases fired was the same for each

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting thanks for the info! I would be interested in the changes you speak about. Is there somewhere you can point me to learn more about variations?

So it's common that it basically tears a notch in the rim? I thin the cases are damaged and cannot be reloaded!

I have one spare parts set and a buddy is looking for some parts to complete a gun! Do you have a source or maybe a spare nut for the back of the bolt holding the firing pin and recoil spring?

I have been also searching for brass and your definitely right on the high cost!

Thanks again

·
Registered
430 Posts
Anzio's was making new ammo for the Lahti every year or so. Looks like they may still have some and it is way better price than some of the stuff I've seen sold on gunbroker lately. Also stainless steel case may be more durable than the brass ones. They claim can be reloaded several times. They may also have some parts.

http://www.anzioironworks.com/LHATI_L-39_WWII_Anti-Tank Rifle.html

Hope that helps.

Brad - Big44maghunter

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My brass is worse but really think it's the dirty ammo along with the gas port up high! But very similar I can not find the case at moment but will post pic when able!

Yes just saw the Anzio stuff anyone reloading them here if so how many times have you reloaded it? Heard it goes funny out spec after two loads from a reliable source I trust. But that was third hand

I be interested in the aa and spares you might have!

Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I really appreciate the help

I was thinking the same things!

Anyone here do a Vulcan chamber turned down brass head on a lahti?

·
Registered
589 Posts

Yes that is how you make projos, turn down the driving band on a lathe. It doesn't take much. The big issue to reload is finding someone to resize your cases.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Do you mean to turn the case head down on the Vulcan case, rebated rim? That is the preferred way to convert a Lahti for Vulcan cases, not modifying the rare bolt head.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Do you need a legit transit case for the beast? I have one if you do and I swear you could bury 3 bodies in the thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts