1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cannot get the FP to drop. Have it mocked up with enough pins in to hold it together in the pintle. Had it mocked up without the RSP yesterday and had to keep the trigger group and bolt wedged apart to get the FP to fall. IS the problem MAYBE the tigeer not having enough vertical travel ? OR is there something wrong with the bolt. Had noticed that the sear moves and lets the FP fall when the accelerator lever is forward. NOT when it is back. I REALLY NEED SOME HELP>

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
On the trigger assembly is a small screw and is most likely the one that is holding the trigger return spring, Unscrew it a turn or two as this limits your trigger travel and might be your problem.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Maybe I don't quite understand the problem but normally the gun will not fire with the lock frame and barrel extension latched together (as when assembling the gun). It will only fire when the barrel and bolt move forward and as you say the accelerator is forward otherwise the trigger is not engaging the sear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input

As far as I can tell the trigger is engaging the sear. It was when I had it together with the RSP off. Will try to assemble with the RSP off and check function. BUT will try adjusting the trigger stop first. Then need to button it all together.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had the same problem with mine for a while. Mine turned out to be very simple. I did not realize that you could swing the sear spring over into the bolt slot to install/remove the sear. I was installing them all at once, forcing them down, which put a backward bend in my sear spring. The sear spring was actually holding the sear down where it could not engage the firing pin. Once I realized this, I rebent the sear spring, reassembled, and it hasn't missed a beat since. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I think this may be a cart and horse thing. It's hard to test all that with the gun only partially assembled and if you didn't install the breach block cam in the bottom plate it won't lock up correctly. Build the gun and right before you rivet install all the internals and then check it. Have faith, it will work when you're done if you follow the build sequence properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts