1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added a photo site devoted to Browning Mgs. It is intended to help someone wanting to either ID a particular weapon or simply get an idea of the scope of the .30 caliber Brownings. Many of the photos have come from military manuals. I added a bit of information with each photo, but did not go into to great detail.

I should probably have started out with this Web site and have been meaning to do this for some time. I welcome any comments you might have that might help improve the site. Let me know if you find any dead links, egregious spelling errors, or con****uous omissions. I made no attempt to deal with the countless experimental models or uncommon variants as I wanted this to be a quick and easy ID site.

Here is the link: http://www.liberatorcrew.com/Images_1919A4/Brownings.htm

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Howdy Jon!
I have enjoyed your website from the begining! Lot's of good info!
Question; Is there any way to tell on your Semi 1919 who the original
maker was??? Mine's one of the Ohio Rapid Fire Guuns.
Yer'Migo!
"Big Ed"

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can check the bottom plate for a MFG. Many are not marked, which actually means something, but I can't remember what MFG didn't mark the bottom plate. Anyone know? You might be able to get a consensus from the internals, assuming your parts set was not assembled from piles of parts, as many are. My kits both have parts from several manufactures, which I kind of like, but it's no help in IDing the thing. If you have several major components with the same maker, I would go with that - back plate, top cover, eg. A weapon sometimes went through so many incarnations in service that it might have been reborn several times. MSG1956 has a left side plate that started life as a 1917, then became a 1919, and is now a 1917A1 again (did I miss one Jim?).

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Jon, as usual, you've outdone yourself...again. That site is going to make it so much easier to explain the differences in these Brownings. Thx for all the hard work.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Nosegunner, we all really appreciate your hard work. This is one more supper addition to a fascinating website you got there. Hotchkiss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts