1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my colt tripod today and its a project for sure. Also, i got what appears to be a Vickers traverse dial? Not sure
the pictures might not be very good. this was my first attempt at uploading pictures

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK that's lovely, but are you selling it or just showing it off, I am looking for one?
No just showing it off. Iv been looking for one about 6 months now. Mine is far from perfect with some slight issues to be worked out. Lots of labor to restore it. Just have to keep up with looking and asking. In time you'll find one.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I may possibly at some point. Depends cause I might look for a tripod to put it on. Are they hard to find seperate?
The Vickers Azimuth dials are not hard for me to find. No biggie, just keep it in mind. The tripods are not hard to find either, just expensive like the M35.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey what's the best way to clean these old nasty tripods? CLP and rags? Also, what color should I paint the darn thing after I sand blast it? I assume the metal hardware like the handles and such on the colt tripods we're blued?

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Hey what's the best way to clean these old nasty tripods? CLP and rags? Also, what color should I paint the darn thing after I sand blast it? I assume the metal hardware like the handles and such on the colt tripods we're blued?
I blued the metal on mine and painted all the appropriate parts Army jeep parts has the correct paint and I don't recall the number off the top of my head but can get it for you unless others chime in first. Russ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts