1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think Ohio Ordinance Works has these listed on their webpage, but if you call and ask for them, they have them in stock. I just got these in the other day and ordered 6 more yesterday.

They were discribed to me by OOW as "New 30.06 250 round cloth belts", so you'll know what to ask for.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just got off the phone with Megin and ordered 3. She told me they all had brass tabs, we'll see.

·
6,504 Posts
Man, that's unbelievable. I have one of their water-cooleds so I called and sure 'nuf, $25 for new one's and $20 for used ones. I ordered 5 new ones and 5 used ones just to compare. Great tip 57strat.

After I bought my '28 4 years ago I tried to order some from them and they would only sell me a limited qty because they were running out so I figured their supply was completely exhausted by this time. I hope Megan doesn't get caught selling these at that price :).

Good deal, thx for sharing!

·
Registered
169 Posts
adj frt sight blade

hey 57 weren't you looking for an adjustable front sight assembly? I was just on OOW's site looking for a belt hold pawl pin (broke on my trial run) and ran across P/N 005-03 Frt Sight Blade, Adjusting and Post for $19.00. Disregard if irrelevant.
Time to spend some $$$ Thanks again!
mcj600

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Thanks for the update on these - I ordered some myself :) That will work out well since I just ordered lots of 8MM last week :)

·
6,504 Posts
Oh my gosh, the dam broke and it's spewing belts everywhere :eek:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mcj600 said:
hey 57 weren't you looking for an adjustable front sight assembly? I was just on OOW's site looking for a belt hold pawl pin (broke on my trial run) and ran across P/N 005-03 Frt Sight Blade, Adjusting and Post for $19.00. Disregard if irrelevant.
Time to spend some $$$ Thanks again!
mcj600

I asked OOW when I ordered my parts kit last month and they said they were out of the click adjustable front sights. Thanks for trying though.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to help out guys. I just hope the 12 belts that I ordered will last me the rest of my life (estimated at about 40 years). :D

Let's do a little math. Let's say I shoot 6000 rounds a year. That's 2 loads per belt a year. 40 years times 2 loads per belt a year, is 80 loads per belt. Maybe I'll get 10 loads per belt out of each belt before it wears out. I think I'm fooked. I need to order 84 more belts to cover myself. Anyone have $2100 that I can borrow? :D

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Nope, but remember that's $2100.00 at these lower prices. Who knows what they'll be up to (or down to?) in 10 years :D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brassmagnet said:
Nope, but remember that's $2100.00 at these lower prices. Who knows what they'll be up to (or down to?) in 10 years :D

In 10 years, they'll be $250 a belt. At that time, I'll find some deal at $200 each, and I'll stock up on them thinking I got a great deal. Then 2 months after I place the order, some US vendor will find a warehouse full of 1940's era USGI belts in Baklaliviatatlaglooshen, and the price on NOS belts will drop to about $12 a belt. That's my life in a nutshell. :D

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Cloth Belts

That's a great find....... I wish Uncle Sam would open more of those "lost/ forgotten" warehouses. It would be kinda nice to find crated up MB/GPW's with mounts for the 1919A4.:D

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Been stocked with all the belts I could ever use before Dec 99. Was a good X-mas!
Grab em while you can guys! $25/ea is dirt.

·
Registered
564 Posts
57Strat said:
Glad to help out guys. I just hope the 12 belts that I ordered will last me the rest of my life (estimated at about 40 years). :D

Let's do a little math. Let's say I shoot 6000 rounds a year. That's 2 loads per belt a year. 40 years times 2 loads per belt a year, is 80 loads per belt. Maybe I'll get 10 loads per belt out of each belt before it wears out. I think I'm fooked. I need to order 84 more belts to cover myself. Anyone have $2100 that I can borrow? :D
Newbie to belts. Im shooting .308 SHORTY and 8mm. needed to justify my reason for the .308, how many times can you reload belts before they wear out?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
knowbudy said:
Newbie to belts. Im shooting .308 SHORTY and 8mm. needed to justify my reason for the .308, how many times can you reload belts before they wear out?

I just guessed at 10 loads per belt. I really have no idea how many times you can load them.

·
6,504 Posts
I've got some that I'm sure have seen 3o or more loads. All you do is wash them and they will shrink back so they're good for a long time. Yes, they will work for 308, but are really tight so don't seat them all the way in.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
loboslanding said:
I've got some that I'm sure have seen 3o or more loads. All you do is wash them and they will shrink back so they're good for a long time. Yes, they will work for 308, but are really tight so don't seat them all the way in.

30 loads! That's great news. I'll be loading .308 using a 1928 loader. What tips can you guys give me on loading the belts. (loader is setup for .308 and is in transit now)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts