1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that there are few posts from the last few days or even weeks since the change over. For days I tried to get into the open talk and the site kept asking for my user name and password. When I typed it in the system kept telling me the password was not valid even though it was the same one I had used for fifteen years. Just today I noticed the square with "Start Discussion" in the upper right part of the screen. So this message is a trial to see if it works.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I will say the only thing I like about it is that it’s easier to post pictures now.
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I will say we are loosing members, very dear long time members that will be missed dearly!

·
Registered
702 Posts
And all our ratings based on posts are gone too. And I'm getting real tired of the number and size of all the ads. I come here to relax and learn a few thing, not be assaulted by a stream of ads for crap I have no want, need, or use for. I understand the Canucks want to make a buck, but right now, based on what's flashing in front of me while I write this, I think we're a week or two from tampon ads.

·
11,094 Posts
i don't see ads. but that is because they are removed from moderator ques.

the site design is a little clunky visually but the photos are way way easier.

The old site software was bad. it was outdated. the search functionality was terrible

bob, many people didn't really use the reputation options.

ghilly,
This should be great or you as you have not had much activity other than listing things for sale in the last couple years.

things are a little different but you will all grow used to them.. or go to gunbroker to sell your stuff and have to pay fees.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Reminds me of the time my cousin lived overseas while working for an oil company, I asked him how he liked it. He replied " I could hate it and be miserable, or I could like it and be happy" he paused and said " I guess I like it." This is the same way I see this new format, it will work out one way or another. I am glad it is still here. If not for this site there would be a lot of knowlege that would effectively die, or at least wouldn't be passed on.

·
11,094 Posts
^^ And that kids, is what we call "toe the line for the man" ^^
nope. I have absolutely no ties to the current owners. i had to stay a part of the forum for 1 year, and was critical of some actions then too. i don't enjoy the look here but i care a bit more about the function. I hated the photo management of the previous software. i really hated it while using my phone to view the board.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
nope. I have absolutely no ties to the current owners. i had to stay a part of the forum for 1 year, and was critical of some actions then too. i don't enjoy the look here but i care a bit more about the function. I hated the photo management of the previous software. i really hated it while using my phone to view the board.
Just busting your balls.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Every other reply has an ad snuck in, right now 13 posts and 3 ads for earwax removal, 1for universal carry, 1 for sr22 insurance, and 1 for spandex!!, this sucks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'll post this again. Click the link below and install it. NO MORE ADS.

·
Registered
162 Posts
^^^THIS^^^ Everyone should be running an ad blocker IMO...dramatically increases the performance of your browser / computer. I use UBlock Origin as my ad blocker of choice for Chrome

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
While I am not having any issues with the ads everyone is mentioning I am having a hard time trying to find things easily. The new format is a big change and maybe with time I will get the hang of it or not? I have toyed with the idea of turning another well loved site into a forum so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
438 Posts
While I am not having any issues with the ads everyone is mentioning I am having a hard time trying to find things easily. The new format is a big change and maybe with time I will get the hang of it or not? I have toyed with the idea of turning another well loved site into a forum so we will see what happens.
If you do go this route, I would be more than willing to donate to it. Would much rather have a forum dedicated to the hobby, supported by the members, like this board used to be(y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts