1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of your older members who don't post much, it seems that you are showing up more or at least commenting more. whats changed?

also the new site makes new member addition far easier than it used to be.

rory

·
Registered
981 Posts
For me , it was mostly my son becoming more Interested In the beltfeds which brought me back and he is studying historical artifact preservation and studies at college. So , that then lead to my re energized interest
Chris

Reactions: Rory

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
For me it's sales....I was always a buyer....Now in sales mode...I like to target WTB adds rather then post on open market...With all the new members , it's like shooting fish in a barrel....+ with it being a hell of a lot easer to post pic's , it's like shooting fish in a bucket...The board has giving me many great deals over the years....It's time for me to give them back...At a slightly higher price.....For me the board has trended more to the profit of the site , rather then the hobby it was created for...So I am gonna get wile the getting is good.......Nice to see some old faces though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have been a stalker for many years, always good to read up on stuff here. It has been years since I met members on here in person, L999 was probably my last and that was a few decades ago. Good to see everyone keeping things moving along.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've been reading this site almost 7 days a week since it began, can't get enough .
I don't post often, there is an extreme wealth of knowledge and experience that usually answers questions posed faster and more clearly than I can.
I like the new format for the "New" button, I get to see every new post that way.
DanG

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm finally back after a hiatus due to my 4yr old son getting cancer a few years back. I've been able to finally dig out of that financial pit and am looking to replace some stuff that I had to sell back then... Including a 1917a1 that I hated to see go. But, I have one of those coming in soon thanks to great friends like Rollin! (y) I miss our old SoCal shoots...

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
I think whn you get a change in ownership and/or new formating of the site, people tend to get their curiosity peeked a little. From then on it's just human nature to get involved - even if only for a brief time....

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
Does anyone here remember rugman? I heard he passed recently but have not seen him post in some time. He was up in Oregon and it had been sometime since we have chatted but maybe some of the OLDER MEMBERS (as Rory calls us) have stayed in touch or heard from him recently?

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Russ, I just call you old.

I’ve not heard anything of rugman for a while. I’ll search to see if I have his email

Post was generally about increased activity.

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
I just got a call about him last week and have not heard from him in a long time. Let me know what you find out if anything? I asked Lucky13 because he knew him as well but I am not sure he found anything out.

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
I did just confirm he passed last week. Bruce was a great guy and will be missed by those who knew him. RIP brother.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have to assume that a lot of people being stuck at home has something to do with the increase in traffic on here,I know when I'm busy with other stuff I don't get on as much.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have to assume that a lot of people being stuck at home has something to do with the increase in traffic on here,I know when I'm busy with other stuff I don't get on as much.
Great point about the quarantine factor...no doubt an influence on the returning members.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
What ever happened to lobosanding???
I think he was one of the first names I remember from here.
I did some one on one conversations with him wayyyyyy back when he was doing tutorials. I think once he found a perfect mate he slowly slipped out of the A4 game and reverted to happy life and enginering interests. One heck of a nice fella to be sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts