1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one of the CETME LV kits. Looked pretty good!
Thanks for sharing that experience!
To my knowledge this is the first time that CETME Model LV kits have been available in the USA.
We only have the one batch of LV's with no more coming.

Richard

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Thanks for sharing that experience!
To my knowledge this is the first time that CETME Model LV kits have been available in the USA.
We only have the one batch of LV's with no more coming.

Richard
Richard,

Any chance you can get us some Spanish Optics to go on these? NV scope you have pictured would be even better, assuming I can afford it! For now I am using some German optics that do fit pretty well.

CETMELLV.jpg

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
So...these do use the same HK receiver correct?
No, not even close. These receivers are very square and have the trigger pack included in the receiver. Very different. There are some poor flats out there. However I am holding out for a better receiver to hit the market soon!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
...then there is the barrel which is exclusive to this rifle.
Yes but Apex has had them made by Green Mountain and they are for sale with the kits!

I would mention that they are slip fit in all my Trunnions so they might need a little work but should work.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Interesting. You guys sound like you are very into these rifles. Is there something special about them as far as quality or accuracy that makes them unique? Just curious. I had never heard of these before......

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Interesting. You guys sound like you are very into these rifles. Is there something special about them as far as quality or accuracy that makes them unique? Just curious. I had never heard of these before......
Its just one of those kits I always kind of wanted but never was available in the US. Its not to special, just a HK33 for the most part. Quality is considered below average as they had a lot of issues with these, mainly because of the Mags. Its just the first kit in a long time to come into the US that I was interested in and had not already bought!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Richard,

Any chance you can get us some Spanish Optics to go on these? NV scope you have pictured would be even better, assuming I can afford it! For now I am using some German optics that do fit pretty well.

View attachment 13844
Thanks for sharing that image of the CETME Model LV with a Zeiss FERO Z51 night vision scope attached to the STANAG base.
I knew that it would mount on the LV, but it is much neater to see it!

I actually have been asking on web forums if anyone knows the nomenclature of the optics that are shown mounted on the CETME Model LV.
No importer has offered me any Spanish optics, but if they do, I would like to know if they are the correct scope.
I have been asked if we are interested in the bayonets.

Right now there is not a lot known about the CETME Model L or LV.
At least not here in the USA.
I have yet to see a manual in english.

Until APEX brought the CETME Model L & LV to the marketplace these guns were just not seen here in the USA.
AS noted they share a few common features with the HK33, but are an evolution of design past that model.
The Spanish Army & Police have replaced the Model L series with the HK36, but seem to be backing away from that decision now.
Unfortunately CETME was purchased by General Dynamics of Europe and are called Santa Barbara SA.
The web site shows NO small arms production at the facility now, just heavy weapons.
US Importers bought up all the rifle parts, ETC. along with all the surplus Model C's and L's.

Richard

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I actually have been asking on web forums if anyone knows the nomenclature of the optics that are shown mounted on the CETME Model LV.
No importer has offered me any Spanish optics, but if they do, I would like to know if they are the correct scope.
I have been asked if we are interested in the bayonets.
Richard,

I see you posted in the Militaryfirearm forum linked below. There is a guy there named Sampedro in that thread. I think he originally posted some of those pictures you have there. I believe he was in the Spanish Military and worked on these CETMEs in the service. He seems to know the ins and outs of these guns. If you PM him, he has been very helpful to with me over the years. He seems to know more on the subject that anyone else I have run into!

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?30857-Cetme-model-L

The NV scope in your picture is a ENOSA 4x day/night scope. Looks like they also used SUSAT scopes but not on the STANAG mounts. The LV kits you have now don't actually show up that often in pictures with scopes on them. Maybe because the scope sat so high, they were not as popular or maybe they were only running large optics on them, like NV scopes, that were removed during the day? I don't know if I have seen a picture of this LV model with a day scope.

Bayonets would be great. Another company had a small lot of them that came in a few months back. As you can see I bought one.

Feel free to repost my picture with the German scope on other forums if you wish! I think its a fairly nice match!

CETMELVScope.jpg

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Richard,

I see you posted in the Militaryfirearm forum linked below. There is a guy there named Sampedro in that thread. I think he originally posted some of those pictures you have there. I believe he was in the Spanish Military and worked on these CETMEs in the service. He seems to know the ins and outs of these guns. If you PM him, he has been very helpful to with me over the years. He seems to know more on the subject that anyone else I have run into!

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?30857-Cetme-model-L

The NV scope in your picture is a ENOSA 4x day/night scope. Looks like they also used SUSAT scopes but not on the STANAG mounts. The LV kits you have now don't actually show up that often in pictures with scopes on them. Maybe because the scope sat so high, they were not as popular or maybe they were only running large optics on them, like NV scopes, that were removed during the day? I don't know if I have seen a picture of this LV model with a day scope.

Bayonets would be great. Another company had a small lot of them that came in a few months back. As you can see I bought one.

Feel free to repost my picture with the German scope on other forums if you wish! I think its a fairly nice match!

View attachment 13847
Thanks for allowing me to repost those pictures.
You did a very nice job laying out those CETME kits!
I also appreciate the help with ID'ing the ENOSA scope.
The FERO Z51 is a good fit and I suspect it would work well on the LV rifle.
APEX has an account on the Militaryfirearms.com site, and I have followed the info that Sampedro has shared.
I do not think anyone asked about the optics.
I am surprised that the arrival of the LV kits didn't spark a new discussion on that forum.

Richard

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
APEX has an account on the Militaryfirearms.com site, and I have followed the info that Sampedro has shared.
I do not think anyone asked about the optics.
I am surprised that the arrival of the LV kits didn't spark a new discussion on that forum.
Richard,

Yes I am a bit surprised too. That use to be CETMERIFLES.com forum when the old owner had it. However its not really the forum it once was when dedicated specifically to CETMEs.

I do have a thread going on our local forum with a few guys who have bought kits from you. We have been looking into scopes since the LV hit the market. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=167613

1 - 15 of 15 Posts