1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up as a child around an unidentifiable firearm(now I know as a zb26) when I use to play hide and go seek as a kid in my grandparents closet. I am now 34 and has been given to me.

I have no clue if operable, and unsure what to do if it does. I don't know and doubt it has any paper trail and believe the story goes as it is a bring back from WW2 and has been hidden since. I want to know what to do, if it is transferable to anyone legally and so forth.

Also, I bought a bulk of 14mags(5nazi) from the UK months ago with the intent of testing, but have no ammo. I also was hoping to resell some of those and was curious how to get access to classifieds.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I am sure a more learned forum member will respond but if it is operational (or non-operational and not demilled to ATF standards) and un-papered it would be illegal to own.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yes, I will be selling a bunch, just unsure how to get permission to make an ad.
Not trying to be a d*ck but selling magazines should be the least of your concerns right now. You do realize you are on a public firearms forum stating you might have a machine gun that someone gave you. If you are in possession of a live non registered machine gun you are in violation of several federal laws. I suggest you search the internet and find out exactly what you have in your possession. Most instances like what you are describing require the individual to immediately contact a local ATF office.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
..... Most instances like what you are describing require the individual to immediately contact a local ATF office.
Horrible idea all the way around! There is absolutely no reason to assume its illegal and jump the gun and get the ball rolling that will screw things up before you learn something about what you are doing.

If you want to discuss your options give me a call: 802-226-7204. Bob
Good idea... this is exactly what you should do.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Horrible idea all the way around! There is absolutely no reason to assume its illegal and jump the gun and get the ball rolling that will screw things up before you learn something about what you are doing.

Good idea... this is exactly what you should do.
Just stating that in most instances this is what normally happens in this situation. That’s why I told him to find out what he has in his possession, it might even be a dummy. If there is no paperwork to be found and an individual is in possession of a gifted machine gun what is a proper channel?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Keep in mind, you are only required to destroy the receiver.......NOTHING else is illegal to own. Your gun has many salable parts to those who have registered guns..

I encountered some clown who hacksawed an MP 44 into 6" pieces. Said he was told to do that by a local gun shop owner......!! Absolutely not true.

PJH

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Just stating that in most instances this is what normally happens in this situation. That’s why I told him to find out what he has in his possession, it might even be a dummy. If there is no paperwork to be found and an individual is in possession of a gifted machine gun what is a proper channel?
Normally happens... no but I will not go further.

Proper channel is to get with someone who knows what they are talking about and work to see what the story is. Even under the worst case, I would not suggest calling ATF like that as they will take the entire gun. Strip the parts and demil. Even a demil receiver has value.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spoke with Bob for a good 30mins. I think the avenue is strip and Demill. All will be for sale, including the chunks of receiver and 14mags. No tripod, foregrip, and has a chipped pistol grip.

Thank you Bob and whoever tipped him off. If anyone is interested in lot or mag(s) 202.656.8893

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Just make damn sure there is no paperwork on the gun before you begin cutting up the receiver. It would be a very expensive mistake to cut it up then find out later it was legal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ZB guy:
Referencing the ZB26 kit pictured in GB that has had the barrel cut up. Destroying the barrel in NOT required for a domestic demil, only for import of MG kits. FWIW

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I talked to Bob extensively... It is very unlikely due to the story I spoke to Bob about it would have proper documentation, I am not hesitant whatsoever to demill. I don't want to, but I think it is the only way.

Lower will be stripped and only thing destroyed/demill.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey OP,

Shame you had to demil it, but better than be charged with an non-registered MG.

If you have any German marked ZB26 magazines for sale, I would be interested in one or two depending on price.

Let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’d just keep it quiet. If it’s live enjoy it in the back woods of your area. The democrats are trying their hardest to make most firearms regulated by the NFA. Screw that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts