1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I am a new member and wanted to post to be able to sell some 8mm lebel that I was sent by a seller who had it labeled as 7.62 x54R! I am enjoying browsing the forums and seeing other folks interested in the more esoteric milsurps.

Registered
Welcome aboard. There are very knowledgeable members here. If you have a question don't hesitate to ask. You'll need 10 posts. Tell us about yourself. You can split into separate posts...or just play tic tac toe 馃檮 whatever works for you 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aha, nice. I am really interested in Spanish Civil war guns. They are very hard to come by sadly, despite the massive variety of weapons used.

One thing that interests me a lot is that there was a semi secret shipment of czech guns, made in 1937. I am assuming they were CZ/VZ 24 rifles and pistols but I have never seen one with the right proof marks. Perhaps they were never marked.

Premium Member
Welcome to the best beltfed site on the web. You will have no problem selling the 8mm Lebel once you get enough posts assuming it is the black primer stuff? All the other Lebel is long since dead.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes but it is is certainly not the same as live round value. I hope you were not into to it too deep?
not too bad, 50 ish dollars and the transfer fee (this was before i had my ffl03 here in Ca, everyone else has to have ammo shipped to an FFL) Here is the posting, I would suggest others avoid this auction house. 7 x 54R ammo | Online Auctions | Proxibid

Registered
Welcome aboard!
Since you mentioned an interest in Spanish Civil War guns can you give me any feedback on this rifle? I was told that it is a Polish Karabinek wz.29 that went to Spain in 1936 or 1937.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome aboard!
Since you mentioned an interest in Spanish Civil War guns can you give me any feedback on this rifle? I was told that it is a Polish Karabinek wz.29 that went to Spain in 1936 or 1937.

very nice example! I know Poland sent about 20,000 of those to the republic in Sept 1936 ona ship called the Azteca . The only other shipment was in August 1937 on the Al Racou. Most of the polish shipments were captured ww1 weapons in a huge variety of conditions and chamberings.

That little flag / star mark might be a Basque proof mark ("Sun" Stock Wrist stamp) which would probably indicate the first shipment date.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts