1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1663

Existing law regulates the sale, carrying, and control of firearms, including assault weapons, and requires assault weapons to be registered with the Department of Justice. Violation of these provisions is a crime. Existing law defines a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other specified features and a semiautomatic weapon that has a fixed magazine with a capacity to accept 10 or more rounds as an assault weapon.

This bill would, instead, classify a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept no more than 10 rounds as an assault weapon. The bill would require a person who, between January 1, 2001, and December 31, 2016, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, and who, on or after January 1, 2017, possesses that firearm, to register the firearm by July 1, 2018. By expanding the definition of a crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,129 Posts
So, would this be a Bill of Attainder or an EX Post Facto or both?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
You have NO IDEA how complicated this will make CA weapons law. We may have THREE separate classes of assault weapons based on date of acquisition and configuration. A nightmare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently there is a companion bill AB-1664. Don't forget Gavin Newsoms bill to require you to give up your high cap mags, background check and permit for Ammo among other things.

Time to put on your grass root activist war paint and contact the governor, author and supporter of the bills, and join all the politically active gun groups and make your voice heard loud and clear....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
This kind of crazyness is why I left CA 6 years ago. I know many who didn't comply with the last one and certainly won't with this one. Now in GA we have some libtards who are trying the same thing. Fortunately both houses are republican and I pray they will at least use some common sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
So I went to Calguns.net to see what was going on there. HOLY ****, I now know why we're fucked!

You should see all the sniveling, whining, back stabbing, name calling BULLSHIT these guys are going about doing.

Very few are telling guys to come together to fight this. Telling people to register their firearms so they won't get in trouble.

To top it off there's some guys on there bragging about voting for the very Dems that are doing this.

WTF is wrong with this state?! What a bunch of no ball pussies! Man we are so fucked it ain't even funny. I don't know who to shoot first.

I guess that it's true that when the call went out that only 3% actually fought! **** the other 97% as I know they'll be turning in their firearms!
 

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
Joined
·
12,239 Posts
So I went to Calguns.net to see what was going on there. HOLY ****, I now know why we're fucked!

You should see all the sniveling, whining, back stabbing, name calling BULLSHIT these guys are going about doing.

Very few are telling guys to come together to fight this. Telling people to register their firearms so they won't get in trouble.

To top it off there's some guys on there bragging about voting for the very Dems that are doing this.

WTF is wrong with this state?! What a bunch of no ball pussies! Man we are so fucked it ain't even funny. I don't know who to shoot first.

I guess that it's true that when the call went out that only 3% actually fought! **** the other 97% as I know they'll be turning in their firearms!
While it's always hard to get everybody on the same page, even if you could I don't think this can be stopped by gun owners. Just as when I was still in CA, the voters who put these fascists in office are going to outnumber the conservatives and gun owners by a large enough margin to keep the supermajorities and the governor's mansion. I wouldn't even bet against the Newsome proposition getting voted in by the majority of voters, as happened in WA a year or two ago. I'm not saying to give up or not bother fighting, but I am watching the same thing happen in Oregon, with CA-inspired gun legislation being introduced where we have no chance in the make up of our state government. And I think it is unlikely to change here either, we are just a few years behind you, maybe only months.

The best thing that can happen to CA is to keep growing its debt to the point of total economic collapse of the state government, so it can all come crashing down and start over. If I were still there, I'd be pushing the state to double its budget and triple its debt until no one will buy a CA bond or lend them a nickel. I came to the conclusion, before I even left nearly 5 years ago, that this would be the only way out.

Meanwhile, civil disobedience is the best option. Few will ever get caught, and when some are it can start the court cases that will challenge these laws from a Constitutional standpoint. My old friend, I wish you the best. Even as I plan my move to Texas, there is no place that is safe forever, if the tide does not turn soon. With all the companies moving to Texas and other conservative states, the danger is that they bring their liberal employees and their votes with them.

Reminds me of all this manufactured controversy about Ted Cruz and his "New York values" comment. Most of us here know exactly what he means. And the only person I have heard who has framed this correctly is Glenn Beck, who pointed out that playing the 9/11 card is the real crime here. Cruz is right, Trump and the media who are hammering Cruz for this are doing the work of the democrats and the republican establishment. It's because of those New York values that California turned into a liberal **** hole, with all the easterners moving out there in decades past. Then they have since polluted the NW. And the reason Oregon is right on the heels of the CA gun law mess is that Michael Bloomberg has spent millions on taking over our state legislature and succeeded in doing so. That's the kind of New York values that Cruz is talking about, it is really more like Havana, Moscow or Bejing values, and it is spreading fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Most level headed people I know all say the same thing.... Whether or not this law passes, they will register nothing and turn in nothing. Most level headed cops I know say they will NOT cite anyone for violating this law if passed.

All the whining and sniveling on Calguns is from young, inexperienced, or new gun owners. This is their first panic experience when it comes to this lifestyle.

Also, these laws are proposed by people that have NO knowledge of firearms and trying to show their constituents they are "doing something". They really don't care if the law passes or not, they can tell their idiot voters they tried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Most level headed people I know all say the same thing.... Whether or not this law passes, they will register nothing and turn in nothing. Most level headed cops I know say they will NOT cite anyone for violating this law if passed.

All the whining and sniveling on Calguns is from young, inexperienced, or new gun owners. This is their first panic experience when it comes to this lifestyle.

Also, these laws are proposed by people that have NO knowledge of firearms and trying to show their constituents they are "doing something". They really don't care if the law passes or not, they can tell their idiot voters they tried.
As a California Criminal Defense atty and Cal Guns volunteer atty, I can tell you that you had better NOT count on "level headed" cops to not enforce the law. My experience has been that firearms laws are enforced RUTHLESSLY and WITHOUT mercy here in CA. ANY technical of minor violation is almost always prosecuted. The people ARE arrested and convicted for the smallest firearms violation, especially in the large urban areas. (you know, where the PEOPLE actually live)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,142 Posts
As a California Criminal Defense atty and Cal Guns volunteer atty, I can tell you that you had better NOT count on "level headed" cops to not enforce the law. My experience has been that firearms laws are enforced RUTHLESSLY and WITHOUT mercy here in CA. ANY technical of minor violation is almost always prosecuted. The people ARE arrested and convicted for the smallest firearms violation, especially in the large urban areas. (you know, where the PEOPLE actually live)
+1 on what Cal.BAR says. I would expect MOST cops to enforce the law, especially in the large urban areas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Most level headed people I know all say the same thing.... Whether or not this law passes, they will register nothing and turn in nothing. Most level headed cops I know say they will NOT cite anyone for violating this law if passed.

All the whining and sniveling on Calguns is from young, inexperienced, or new gun owners. This is their first panic experience when it comes to this lifestyle.

Also, these laws are proposed by people that have NO knowledge of firearms and trying to show their constituents they are "doing something". They really don't care if the law passes or not, they can tell their idiot voters they tried.
I wouldn't say that. They plugged the loophole that we "exploited" by developing the bullet button. Cleanly and without much room for "re-exploitation". They may be clueless when it comes to guns, but they are not STUPID.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top