1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum needs a "DO NOT BUY" sticky for all the various stuff that looks 1919ish but isn't . We need to save our new guys some money. Let us pass along the info we have to prevent un-needed money bombs for anyone who might not know. This sticky would not be for personal vendettas against vendors but an actual do not buy list for hardware you can't get rid of after you buy it. J

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
That is a great idea Frazer it would save guys money because I can't tell you how many times an fng has reached out to me all excited about his find just to realize he had just waste both time and money on something that won't work. I second the notion.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
What did you have in mind? Stuff like "don't buy Anm2 parts, they do not fit" or "product X is snake oil, do not buy".

Personally, I'd rather a "1919a4.com approved" list of vendors. See Brian for machining, or Paintmanmatt for small parts, that sort of thing. That way perhaps I could "browse their shops" when I feel like buying more crap for my guns.

'Cause, I need more do-dads for my guns, nevermind that I STILL haven't found that T&E that I'm looking for :rolleyes: I know I set it down here someplace...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think a list of stuff, like M23 Equillibriator mounts, that is gun related but not 1919 related. While I don't doubt one could stuff a 1919 in it, why? There are shitloads of good mounts that actually work. And yes, watch out for ANM2 parts or random BS being sold as 1919 related but certainly not. J

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Rather than a "Do Not Buy " list , why not a " Beginner's Common Mistakes " list ? List what people buy in error and why not or how to avoid ( .30 vs .50 tripod T&Es for example ) .
Chris

·
11,839 Posts
I've thought about an approved vendors list, but have a hard time thinking about the set up and still being as non biased as possible. i know i have my favorites and a few that i have had serious problems with, others love.

r

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it would be impossible to wrangle a vendors list without twisting someones nickers. Anecdotal stories of getting rogered by so and so vendor over some spring that was wound the wrong direction would abound. I was thinking more of an item specific type of list with pictures of what to avoid and reasons why. Plus it might be a good teaching tool for folks who might not know what they are attempting to sell. j

1 - 11 of 11 Posts