1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently traded for a 1919 set up from a friend of mine that we built together. This gun was built on a Philadelphia Ord. 80% plate and it has no markings. I was curious if there is a business out there that would be willing to replicate original markings and add a unique serial number. Currently, it is sitting with my name, town where it was made and the last four digits of my SS number.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
....a suggestion...and welcome..!!

Might want to read a bit about RSP (right side plate) markings in the 1919 build section. There are several guys who do engraving. The most important thing right now....immediate concern....is whether or not your 1919a4 has been properly marked in order for you to possess it. By law,the weapon has to have a serial #,name of Mfg.,address and date of Mfg. Unless you actually made this firearm,you should be aware that if this has not been done...you may be in violation of federal law and could be subject to arrest and fines.

Don't want to scare you...but the seller should have been able to make these facts known. Hope your gun is marked correctly.

O,...yeah...welcome to the best gun sight on the net. You can start breathing again....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might want to read a bit about RSP (right side plate) markings in the 1919 build section. There are several guys who do engraving. The most important thing right now....immediate concern....is whether or not your 1919a4 has been properly marked in order for you to possess it. By law,the weapon has to have a serial #,name of Mfg.,address and date of Mfg. Unless you actually made this firearm,you should be aware that if this has not been done...you may be in violation of federal law and could be subject to arrest and fines.

Don't want to scare you...but the seller should have been able to make these facts known. Hope your gun is marked correctly.

O,...yeah...welcome to the best gun sight on the net. You can start breathing again....
Sorry if I did not give enough information. I am curious about the historical markings.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
L999here SEZ: "Might want to read a bit about RSP (right side plate) markings in the 1919 build section. There are several guys who do engraving. The most important thing right now....immediate concern....is whether or not your 1919a4 has been properly marked in order for you to possess it. By law,the weapon has to have a serial #,name of Mfg.,address and date of Mfg. Unless you actually made this firearm,you should be aware that if this has not been done...you may be in violation of federal law and could be subject to arrest and fines...."

BUT, that's only if it's F/A and you're in the good ol' US of A, Otherwise -- NO markings are necessarily required by Federal law.

Welcome to the Fellowship Of The Beltfeds. Believe nothing you read or hear, and only maybe half of what you see.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
L999here SEZ: "Might want to read a bit about RSP (right side plate) markings in the 1919 build section. There are several guys who do engraving. The most important thing right now....immediate concern....is whether or not your 1919a4 has been properly marked in order for you to possess it. By law,the weapon has to have a serial #,name of Mfg.,address and date of Mfg. Unless you actually made this firearm,you should be aware that if this has not been done...you may be in violation of federal law and could be subject to arrest and fines...."

BUT, that's only if it's F/A and you're in the good ol' US of A, Otherwise -- NO markings are necessarily required by Federal law.

Welcome to the Fellowship Of The Beltfeds. Believe nothing you read or hear, and only maybe half of what you see.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
For a person to sell a built gun, it MUST be marked with a name, location and serial #! Semi, or FA, does not matter.

If you build one yourself, technically it's not yet required until you go to sell it. It IS however VERY STRONGLY ADVISED to mark it at it's build conclusion 'just because'.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Recently traded for a 1919 set up from a friend of mine that we built together. This gun was built on a Philadelphia Ord. 80% plate and it has no markings. I was curious if there is a business out there that would be willing to replicate original markings and add a unique serial number. Currently, it is sitting with my name, town where it was made and the last four digits of my SS number.
To get back to your original question, I use Orion Arms for engraving my builds - both semi and full auto. Excellent work and fast turn around time. Custom work is accepted and can be pretty much anything you want that your wallet is up for. www.orion-arms.com/

Lucky#13 on this board also has an excellent reputation for both his builds and his engraving. You can shoot him a PM for information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts