1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening gents. I'm new here. Been gawking for a bit, figured it was time to jump in with both feet. Im an active duty Marine with a big love for the 1919s offspring the M2. Im reading every thread on here before I go about my build. Wish me luck and Im glad to be here!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome, from one FNG to another! Lots to learn here. People are more than friendly with help, and willing to share knowledge and expertise.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Let me guess. . .you graduated boot with platoon 1488? 2099 for me, October of 1970.

Welcome to the board and to the addiction. It is easier to just empty your wallet now and get it over with - especially when you start feeding an M2! :D

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Welcome to the board. Bone up on the tutorials and get ready for the ride.:)

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Welcome to the board and remember we like pictures :D so post them once you get going on the build. You will find lots of help here and we have a vast knowledge base so ask lots of questions and have fun. Russ

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Welcome to the board and remember we like pictures :D so post them once you get going on the build. You will find lots of help here and we have a vast knowledge base so ask lots of questions and have fun. Russ

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Semper Fi...

(salute)....Welcome aboard,Marine. Don't hesitate to ask questions,read and print out the needed tutorials for assembly,construction and trouble-shooting. We're here to help and further the hobby,the knowledge and rememberance of those who have gone before us. Those of us who have used and fought with belt-fed weapons can impart their wisdom to the next generation.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
One more hearty welcome to you. I hope your build goes well when you decide to do it, and as mentioned already, feel free [and you are encouraged] to ask any questions you have here along the way. Also, pictures are proof of effort, so be prepared for requests a lot! :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you gents. I'm going to build it myself. I'll save some coin and I love wrenching on stuff. I'm debating between the sarco parts kit and the OOW semi kit. Leaning toward the OOW kit because it comes with everything including the side plate and I assumed machined internals. Plus I have one of their BARs, it'd be nice to keep it in the family. Thoughts!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thank you gents. I'm going to build it myself. I'll save some coin and I love wrenching on stuff. I'm debating between the sarco parts kit and the OOW semi kit. Leaning toward the OOW kit because it comes with everything including the side plate and I assumed machined internals. Plus I have one of their BARs, it'd be nice to keep it in the family. Thoughts!
I have always been satisfied with both the quality of parts and service from OOW, that would be my first choice. If something is not right, they will make it right. Buy the FA kit, have the machining done by Forum member Brian, and use a KMP, Halo, or other side plate, not the OOW semi-auto side plate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have always been satisfied with both the quality of parts and service from OOW, that would be my first choice. If something is not right, they will make it right. Buy the FA kit, have the machining done by Forum member Brian, and use a KMP, Halo, or other side plate, not the OOW semi-auto side plate.
Thanks for the input. What is the issue with the OOW semi kit? Is the design of the island different?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks for the input. What is the issue with the OOW semi kit? Is the design of the island different?
Hi,
Exactly they use a proprietary denial island on their plates. I will let other much more knowledgeable Forum members go into detail. Buy the FA kit and others on this Forum will chime in on the most economical and recommended plates and semi-auto machining.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Welcome and thank you for your service. The secret word for today is 'HEADSPACE, HEADSPACE' I know it's a long time away but keep it in the back of your mind. Once you get her built it will be great fun.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome and thank you for your service. The secret word for today is 'HEADSPACE, HEADSPACE' I know it's a long time away but keep it in the back of your mind. Once you get her built it will be great fun.
Thanks bud, Im well versed. I can time a 50 in my sleep, and my Father Inlaw has a 1919, Ive become an expert at doing his. Ive read a lot already from the importance of the head space to the ridiculous velocity the spring guide can achieve!!! Please keep the advice coming!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Thanks bud, Im well versed. I can time a 50 in my sleep, and my Father Inlaw has a 1919, Ive become an expert at doing his. Ive read a lot already from the importance of the head space to the ridiculous velocity the spring guide can achieve!!! Please keep the advice coming!!!!!
ell the best advice I can give you is RUN! Run away very fast and DO NOT become friends with anyone here or your bank account will regret it lol trust me being here is like locking a drug addict in a pharmacy :evil:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Always great to welcome a new member. You'll find plenty of info and helping hands around this place. The only question I have is what is your favorite tractor?? red ones or green? KevinT

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Always great to welcome a new member. You'll find plenty of info and helping hands around this place. The only question I have is what is your favorite tractor?? red ones or green? KevinT
Racist!!! Ours are both Orange.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts