1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I highly recommend a shoulder pad for that thing. Five rounds thru that and you'll know what I mean. I got a M44, M38, and a 91/30. One day I'm gonna get a SVT 40. That's a semi 7.62X54R rifle, and they even made a FA version! The Russians had balls I tell ya.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
slowfire said:
invest in one of those slip on buttstock pad......those 44s kick like a mule
NO They Don't!! ;) They have a nice smooth steel recoil pad to soak up shock, so shoot and ENJOY! :D

I do the "T53" thing and "bobbed" Sako 28/30 (to M44 length) note the missing front sling slot (& bull barrel)...

Mosins are a MUST for anyone's collection!:)

·
BeltFed GURU
4,344 Posts
HEY the SVT 38/40 is a great shooter and has one of the best muzzle brakes ever made and yea it has one of those nice SOFT steel butt plates :eek: :eek: but running 200 rounds thru it doesn`t hurt a bit, i love mine :D

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Had my MN 91/30 that I turned into a repro Enemy @ the Gates sniper out for the 1st time this weekend. I'm not really a machine head. I checked, then double checked, then triple checked by eye referencing WWII pics, then crossed my fingers modifying the stock and drilling the mount holes. Came out pretty nice. At the range, I was shocked. Dialed right in with 3 shots. Very happy with it! Fun project anyone could do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts