1919 A4 Forums banner

Newbie, first things first: Safety check

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Colorado1919 
#1 ·
Howdy, I'm new here. I saw a Newbie thread, but it was empty. So forgive me if I overlooked it, but I am trying to learn as much as I can about my new M1919A4, built by Rapid Fire in Ohio. Does anyone know the history of these particular models, or the company Rapid Fire? Looks like they're out of business...

In the initial inspection, it looks like a pretty nice quality weapon. Very solid and tight. I would like to headspace it first, and came across this video, below. Is that a safe-enough method?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m07ZcxpHNgo

Thanks for all your help! I will be going through the forums for the next few weeks, studying and researching before I test fire this thing.

#3 ·
Yes, the procedure you see in the video will achieve your headspace setting. The video also demonstrates the barrel turning quite easily. If your gun is set up for 7.62 and has the proper barrel lock spring, you may not be able to rotate and adjust your barrel as easy as what you see in the video. The 7.62 barrel lock springs are much more positive than the .30 cal. lock springs and often requires moving the lock spring back before rotating the barrel. Something to keep in mind before you start using a bigger screwdriver to rotate the barrel.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Welcome to the addiction!! Someone here will be able to answer your questions. And it's a friendly place to hangout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.