1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my newly finished 'A6 out this weekend to wring out the kinks.

Problem #1: using Indian surplus 7.62....enough said.

Problem #2: Rounds won't automatically feed unless I hold the belt so there is a lot of slack in it. Seems the round is not pulled out of the belt (links) by the extractor/ejector and fed into the slot. Bolt closes on an empty chamber. Could not believe this could be this finiky for a combat weapon. Could the extractor/ejector be bad or could it be Problem #1?

Problem #3: Sometimes a round will not fire. Gets a small dent on the primmer but no bang. Could it be head spacing or Problem #1?

As a side note. It was the hotest day of the year...sofar, 95+ degrees, hot for the PNW. Packed the thing out in the middle of a clear cut. The damn gun was all most to hot to touch before fireing. Sweatting like a pig by the time I got it all set up on a mound. Kept thinking "North Africa, North Africa, North Africa." Packing that thing around under those conditions must have been a *****.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I'd venture to say that Problem #1 is 95% of your problem.

The feed problem: You DO have your front and rear spacers in, right? If so, check the overall length of that crap ammo against a KNOWN good round (South African, Portugese, etc). If they are short, they'll walk around in the tray and cause issues. Other than that, make sure the tension on your extractor is good. I'd venture to say that the Indian ammo is the root of all your issues.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Is the extractor spring even in place? Sometimes they fly out immediately and fall into the brass/link pile unnoticed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts