1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's almost August and time to start talking about the next shoot for Fall. Once we arrive at a date we'll post it over on the events forum. I'm thinking second or third weekend in October. How many interested??

Here's the range website http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/

Cost will probably be the same of $20 per adult shooter and half price for young one's. All semi and FA guns welcome...beltfeds, shoulder arms, handguns, black powder cannon, etc. Tannerite okay too. Armor piercing (black tip) okay; Tracer and incindiary ammo not allowed...last year we caught the berm on fire with just hot shrapnel off the car...that's our story and we're sticking to it cuz I know nobody would paint the tip of their incindiary rounds black :).

Here's links back to two of the previous one's with lots of photos;
http://1919a4.com/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/005350.html
http://1919a4.com/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/004696.html

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fla Shoot

Lets not make it on the Knob creek weekend, I loaded up enough 50 already for the shoot, plus i ordered more 8mm yesterday from century. Might be why there sold out. Ha

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I'll try to make it -- Sonny's still open? Cooking up another batch of barbecue tomorrow morning for the NoVa Tuppperware Party follow-up, either this Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Big show here the same weekend. Needing maybe another gallon -- oops, now the secret's out, I didn't make the sauce!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would really like to try to make it to this shoot in Florida. It is not that far for me to get there, and I have family near there. Plus, October is my birthday month. I get out of "honey doos" that month to go play.

I've got this new crankfire 1919A4 I'd like to play with. :p :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Knob Creek is Oct 14th and 15 so we need to avoid that weekend? How about Saturday the 28th...does that give everyone enough time to recover?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I'd certainly like to play. But isn't the 28th Halloween weekend? I'll bring my newly built 1919A4 out.:D

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is halloween weekend a bad time for folks? An alternative is November 4th.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Hey

Hey Lobo when you guys get this date nailed down can ya post in up in Scheduled Events and Gatherings we'll stick it to the top...

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
loboslanding said:
Well, it's almost August and time to start talking about the next shoot for Fall. Once we arrive at a date we'll post it over on the events forum.
kali, got it covered in the second sentence.

diesel, let me know when you go...I need to run my BAR again and see if I have the problem solved.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Dang

Dang better go in and get the eyes checked hope there still 20/20 oh maybe it's just Friday and I'm getting the lazy eye... Good luck on getting this all hashed out guys we have the same problem on the West side with the Big Sandy shoot, so the guys are trying to plan around that... Hey have a great weekend guys:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm in. Halloween weekend might not be good for me, I have relatives visiting and were doing the "Theme Park" thing that weekend. Thanks for the advance notice, I need to get moving and start reloading for Ma. kbailey3

·
Registered
345 Posts
October is a bad month for me, maybe the 28th. I'll have to check the schedule. Man, I need to get my bolts machined so I can burn all that Yugo (well, maybe not all of it).

JW

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, how about November 4th? Not near any holidays and too far from Christmas for the spouses to complain about spending the money :). Plus, it will be cool weather...maybe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fl shoot

Ok I have marked it down on my schedule. Now to save up on the gas money to get there. Pretty bad that the gas cost more than the ammo.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I think November sounds good for me (us).

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll check with the range and make sure we can get that date.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The National Cowboy championship shoot is being conducted at Hernando on Nov 4th so the range is unavailable that weekend. I asked about the 11th and he is checking the calendar.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm in.............

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We could have a problem. I thought by bringing this up early we could get scheduled at the range early. Randy called me and told me that he doesn't have any open dates around the time we want to shoot on the long range. He's going to see if he can move one of the other scheduled shoots to another range and get us the long one, but he can't commit right now.

I'll keep touching base with him and hopefully he can accommodate us. Worst case is we have to make it a Feb or March shoot.

Just as an FYI, they open up the long range every 3rd or 4th Saturday of the month for any kind of weapon shooting. Hillbilly and I will be there this month on the 26th playing with his 50 and my BAR in case anyone is ready to play a little. Yes, it will be very hot so ole lobo ain't gonna stay out there all day :).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts