1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I was looking on the web and found a used ORF 1919a4 in 30.06.It looked nice,so I bought it for myself for my birthday.I've read all of the NFG headspace warning posts and the 1919a4 manual front to back.I bought 1,000-06 links,laminatrap linker,trunion protector,spray lube,econo tripod,headspace gauge(I read the posts about the no gauge method also)+barrel wrench,shell extractor,5-30 cal ammo cans and 480 rounds of Greek ball ammo from CMP.I'm expecting it to be in my hands later this week,can anyone think of anything I might've missed that I will need to have with me when I take it out to the range for the first time? Plus are there any spare parts that I should be scapping up for my new baby?
Thanks in advance,
STEVE

· Registered
697 Posts
More ammo!!!!,welcome to the disease. Chris

BTW you may want to get a couple of extractors,and extra springs. JIC

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey shoots100 :D we meet in the strangest places :p
Frog,
I was waiting to see if you were up to posting here.Glad to see you are out and about.I don't mind meeting you here,It's better here,then meeting Da Macaw in some dark back alley alone.I got bit by the belt fed bug bad and just found out were all out of the antivenom in my neck of the woods.You only turn 40 once and it sure beats out the mountain bike I was going to buy.Should I tell the wife now,or just bring her to the range and let her fire a 100 round belt instead?
This is what happens when I watched that all night Death Wish Marathon with Charles Bronson Mowing down all those bad guys with the 1919.I'm stuck with a semi version,but will make up for it when I get the handcrank bolted on.I have plenty of ammo loaded,besides the greek ball coming in.I just need my linker,tripod and rifle to arrive to get it rockin and rollin.We'll see how this compares to the 50bmg smile :D when the links and lead start to fly.
STEVE

· Registered
7,844 Posts
...nothing compares...

Next to sex...a 1919 is the most fun you can have with your clothes on...LOL. I prefer a BAR or a .50 M2HB....but the smile is just as wide and I drool a lot....having soooo much fun...!!! Welcome to to world of Saint John Browning....YES....get LOTS MORE AMMO....

· Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Next to sex...a 1919 is the most fun you can have with your clothes on...LOL. I prefer a BAR or a .50 M2HB....but the smile is just as wide and I drool a lot....having soooo much fun...!!! Welcome to to world of Saint John Browning....YES....get LOTS MORE AMMO....
I disagree, Len... Skydiving is right up there, if not ahead!

11,869 Posts
Where can I buy a good hand crank?
Thanks, Andy
ohioblacksheep makes/made a small crank called the econocrank or something like that that was right around $100. i have one of these and one of the more expensive crankfire systems cranks. i think that i actually like the lesser expensive of the two better. it is very simple pretty small and well i like it.

either way both are options.

· Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Hello All,
I was looking on the web and found a used ORF 1919a4 in 30.06.It looked nice,so I bought it for myself for my birthday.I've read all of the NFG headspace warning posts and the 1919a4 manual front to back.I bought 1,000-06 links,laminatrap linker,trunion protector,spray lube,econo tripod,headspace gauge(I read the posts about the no gauge method also)+barrel wrench,shell extractor,5-30 cal ammo cans and 480 rounds of Greek ball ammo from CMP.I'm expecting it to be in my hands later this week,can anyone think of anything I might've missed that I will need to have with me when I take it out to the range for the first time? Plus are there any spare parts that I should be scapping up for my new baby?
Thanks in advance,
STEVE
Yes, more ammo. But after being infected with the beltfed disease you will want a lot of assesories that will consume your last nickel. These are the websites I used for stuff.
www.1919A4.com
www.shoot1919A4.com
www.aa-ok.com/page4.htm
www.ammunitionstore.com
www.aimsurplus.com
www.ammoman.com
www.angolaarmory.com
www.autoweapons.com/photos/accys/1919.html
www.blackbear.netfirms.com/index.htm
www.bmgparts.com
www.brownells.com
www.cabelas.com
www.cheaperthandirt.com
www.coledistributing.com
www.crankfiresystems.com
www.e-gunparts.com
www.guietemfg.com/catalog.html
www.ima-usa.com
www.jjcustom.net
www.karmametalproducts.com
www.keepshooting.com/1919belt.htm
www.gunthings.com
www.midwayusa.com
www.militarygunsupply.com
www.northridgeinc.com
www.ohioblacksheep.50megs.com/catalog.html
www.ohioordnanceworks.com
www.ohiorapidfire.com
www.quarterbore.com/weapons/browning1919A4.htm
www.rguns.net
www.sarcoinc.com
www.semi1919parts.com
www.tapco.com
www.tnwfirearms.com
www.urbanarmory.com
www.usord.com
www.wvguns.com/products_class3.htm
www.wideners.com
www.liberatorcrew.com
www.collectorssource.com/results.asp
www.99main.com/~heavymg/
www.armsmilitaria.com
www.cranetechnologiesinc.com
www.ordnancerearch.com
www.surplussupply.com/main.htm
www.longmountain.com
www.bigshotsofidaho.com
www.M-14forum.com/upload
www.ar15.com
www.huntingtons.com
www.gunaccessories.com/Video/Rifle/rifle6.asp
www.patsreloading.com
www.ammunitiontogo.com
www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=13
www.patsreloading.com/patsrel/whatsnew.htm
www.listings.shotgunnews.com/gunad/category/S5800
www.99main.com/~heavymg/index.htm#holes
www.alleghenyarsenal.com
www.mg34.com/Browning.html
www.thedealershowroom.com/page/page/1222170.htm
www.ioinc.us
www.alliedarmament.com/
www.odcmp.com
http://home.wi.rr.com/tlcguns/
http://www.beltfedplus.com/

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CLP
that`s just so mean :p BAW HAHAHAHAHA ha ha ha

I'm used to buying components for my .50 cals,so I bought a 1919a4 to save some money.I can buy 480 rounds of 06 ammo for the cost of 50 rounds of 50bmg.After shooting the 50 the only way to get any satisfaction from other calibers is to be able to put alot of lead down range quick.I think the 1919 will satisfy me in that dept.Plus my nieces will have a blast with it also.Sarco is about an hour from my abode,so I have a good source of parts close by.Thanks for the Links CLP.Info is always appreciated.
STEVE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.