1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I've been browsing the forums for awhile now, and it's finally time I actually reach out to some of the 1919 professional members here for some advice.

In a nutshell, I have a 1919 package I'd like to get some opinions about what kind of price I could sell it for. I've been watching Proxibid, etc. for a few years and have a pretty good idea of what I could actually get out of it, but would love to hear from some of the members here about their thoughts. The firearm is in great shape, just needs a little cleaning. Photos can be viewed at Israeli M1919-A4/6 Semi-Auto (.308/7.62 NATO) w/ Oversized Tripod, Pre-Linked Ammo (steel and cloth), Accessories and Tools.

Much thanks in advance!

·
11,668 Posts
depends on ammo

gun with a6 parts 3000 older rapid fire with welded bottom plate keeps cost a little lower
mount (guessing on this one ) $4-500

ammo 308 .30-50 cents a round with links and belts

optics?

OBS crank $200

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rory, appreciate the reply/advice. Little surprised on the tripod estimate: a guy from Ohio Ordnance Works estimated it at around $1200.

·
11,668 Posts
i said it was a guess. I don't follow most tripod pricing so that was a pure guess.

·
11,668 Posts
People need to learn, best money is made by separating.
Unless you have pets that will differentiate your package from others available.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Thats not an OBS crank....That crank connects to the Bren tripod adapter ..And is part of the adapter...I sold both the adapter and the crank as a set @ $150.....Also the spades alone would sell for $350 maybe $400 , and I would sell them seperait from the gun.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I also agree with Rory...The early ORF is not vary sought after..Take off the spades....Put the back plate on , take off the carry handle and the flash hided / put on the booster...Pair the flash hider with the carry handle / bipod and stock and sell it as a group...Take off the scope mount and sell it by it's self....Sell the Bren tripod and adapter / w / crank as a pair....Sell the gun with basics by itself....The gun detracts the value of all the other parts...It's just polishing a turd.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Oh- and one can of ammo is in M13 links forthe 240 / M60, not browning links. I will take that off your hands since it won't work in the gun :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rory, wasn't busting your chops about the tripod guess :). Like I said, was just surprised b/c the dude from OOW was like in awe of it....even though he disagreed with me that it was a Bren.....I was like, "What else could it be???"

To everyone that has posted thus far: I totally get selling stuff from the package separately for the most bang for the buck, and I appreciate the heads-up on that. For me, I just want to get rid of the whole package at once. This package was passed on to me when my father passed a few years ago. He willed me all of his firearms, but unfortunately his estate had some debt and I had to fork out a several thousand dollars to obtain the ones that I knew were the most dear to him (he only purchased the 1919 to get under my mom's skin, and it worked!). It would be nice to recoup some of that $$$.

Great info here from the members, it's greatly appreciated!

MG08, which ammo can are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Great info here from the members, it's greatly appreciated!

MG08, which ammo can are you referring to?
The 2nd one down from the top appears to have 7.62 linked in M13 links, not Browning links. since the ammo is clearly unusable - I will be happy to dispose of it. I will of course, pay shipping cost . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I would ask $5000 for the bundle...Let it ride for a couple of weeks ...And hope to get $4500 from it...I did rough math on what I see ....Quick sell under 4500.....That gun at best $2000 ....Hell , you can get a New RA gun for not much more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GUNNER 50, much obliged. That is exactly what I was looking for. Someone make me an offer! :)

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Good start would be to give an idea where you are located...That's a whole lot to ship .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see shipping ALL that as an option, I'm afraid. I wouldn't even know where to start, but would consider any recommendations with serious offers. I am located in northern West Virginia.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Well , your in a good area for pickups...Kinda close to a lot of likeminded people...If I did not have doubles and triples of everything your offering , I would lowball the hell out of you 😋 But , don't worry , Rory should be along shortly for that 😉😁

1 - 18 of 18 Posts