1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is one of these worth?

I traded some stuff for it and don't have room in the safe. Should be 50 state legal- no evil features.

·
Registered
48 Posts
c322348 said:
What is one of these worth?

I traded some stuff for it and don't have room in the safe. Should be 50 state legal- no evil features.
49 state legal, NJ has the M14S named as a baned firearm! AHHHH, such a liberal **** hole I live in!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
NO flash hider in CA!!!!! Other than that you *may* have a "soft" bolt. That can be fixed by using a USGI one (properly headspaced).

In CA you need a "muzzle brake" which in all honesty makes the rifle a BETTER and more controlable weapon. While CA politics SUCK, they miss the mark so *totally* at times it's laughable!!!!:D :D

I guess I need to practice my bumpfiring with my braked M1A since it can be controlled and exhibits a lack of muzzle climb that would make such firing practical. Heh ! :p

Someone once told me that you don't have enough ammo until you can't count it...:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
m 14

I didnt know Norinco made an M-14. What are you lookin to get for it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
the m1a is legal in n.j. the 20 round+ mags are not the flashider is not otherwise it is legal my local store has em from time to time , I want 1 but will not spend the b.s. price since it is just a m1 garand that takes mags, if you want to sell it cheap I may be intersted :D

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The Chinese made two different ones. The gray parkerized one had a "flash hider" with no holes/slits in it and the dark blue one looked like a preban one.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
It also depends on if it's had the safety updates... I don't remember exactly what all was involved, but they had some issues when they first came into the country.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold pending funds. Turns out it was a Polytech, not a Norinco. Thanks to everyone who e-mailed and posted.

I have a few other items I may be posting soon. Stay tuned! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok guys up here in canada we have tons of the norinco m14's the sell brand new with kit and 2 mags for 399.99 CANADIAN too bad you guys cant import them

the norinco m14's have no problems the soft bolt is an urban legend on the norinco's...the polytecs im not sure

I own 2 norinco m14's and 2 USGI m14's I only shoot the norincos as the GI m14's areworth too much to wear out

·
Registered
155 Posts
Norinco

Hey Contact,
How do the Norinco's shoot compared to the USGI? Are they a good quality weapon?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My two Chicom M-14's shoot reliably but they are no way as accurate as my 1960's Springfield Armory semi M-14. The SA M-14 is almost no fun to shoot because you can not miss with it! Kinda like shooting a Garand too consistently accurate!

·
Registered
71 Posts
well my norinco's neede the rear sights replaced with usgi sights after that they shoot almost as good as my TRW

I have never had any problems with the norinco's

I hunt with my norinco i used to use the TRW but we cant do that anymore here

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a Polytech M14s that has given me no problems at all.
I guess I got lucky with the bolt?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts