1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 new and one used 100rnd cloth belts for 30-06 only. These belts have steel tabs on both ends. They were made for 30-06 so are too tight for 308. I will sell the lot for $120 plus shipping. USPS. Contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
864 Posts
I was told by many here that .308 would load in 30.06 belts. I hope they were right, because I bought $500 worth of those NOS 30.06 belts.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
....cloth belts

57Strat said:
I was told by many here that .308 would load in 30.06 belts. I hope they were right, because I bought $500 worth of those NOS 30.06 belts.
In my experience,new belts are not only difficult for 30/06,but worse for the thicker .308 and 8mm. Not impossible. The 7.65 Arg. and 7mm are eaiser. With used belts,all these cal.'s will feed through the M1918 belt loader and are much eaiser to load. IMO,the belts should be streached,as several of our more knowledgable shooters have described and then they can be loaded with the cal. of your choice.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Belts Belts Belts

I have never shot anything but cloth belts in my 1919. The thing I find interesting is that every time I have ordered cloth belts from a new source they turn out to be different in some respect to any of the belts I already have. Usually they are OK but sometimes they don't work for me for one reason or another. I guess belts are like people they come in all shapes and sizes. LOL

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beltfire said:
Cannot get that link to open up.( no pun intended ) The IMA belts I bought at one time had brass eyelets at both ends. They were too flimsy and too wide to run thru my 1918 loader. I don't know if they are selling something different now. Mine have steel feed tabs on both ends
Got the link to open. NO, mine are white with steel feed tabs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts