1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody complained about the barbecued pork, but, frankly, I thought it sub-standard. The dried out, "seasoned" hickory and mesquite from the local Lowe's Home Depot BURNED and was too hot. Does anyone have, or know where I can get, GREEN fruit-tree wood, or, if one MUST, green mesquite, hickory, or alder wood. We need it for the next event to finish the builds in early to mid July. No, we're not using it to prop up the blasting tank to prevent the sand from sliding to the corner -- there "MIGHT" be some more barbecue. What I'd like to have is 2", 3", or 4" limbs or trunks (we had a heckofa storm in Nova last night, and are expecting another tonight) about 2' to 4' long. I'll chop them into "hocky pucks" with my chopsaw and they make a lot of smoke without burning hot flames.

·
Legendary Donor
2,485 Posts
I can always go prune some trees in the local orchard if your really desperate;) , I have some apple trees that could probably use a pruning but but I don't think I am going to get any 3-4" limbs, I also have a plum tree that went to the great beyond at the end of last year that I haven't cut down yet, could get some bigg pieces from that. let me know if you can use some.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plum trees would probably be great. Can I fire up my (one year old) new chain saw and cart it away for you?

Who else can I "help?"

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
gary,
did you have enough pintle repair sleeves and barrel shroud screws? sounds like the build was a gas.... wished i could have been there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts