1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some on us realise, we had a great party, 1 out of 50 neighbors notwithstanding. We need to have a followup to finish the "incompletes," those needing blasting, parking, "'pounding the snot' out of of whatever." Unfortunately, we'll not have the expertise of "the" Guru, this time -- BUT THERE MIGHT BE SOME PORK BARBECUE!!! Wish I'd known someone to send the leftover porkfat to, over there in the sandbox. (Go to Hell, Akbar!) One of the attendees living closest will be "out of service," (actually "in" service, to the nation, but out of the nation -- the "older" gentleman {younger than I, actually} -- in counterintelligence) until after July 6. I'll be out of the country 'til about then or maybe the 9th of July, so let's try to get together after then. Post here now as to when you could be available to have another barbecue (I mean Tupperware Party followup) on a Saturday around early or mid July. We'll have all the activities in the garage or (air conditioned) basement, except for dinner. Spouses and responsible (like young, 10 yo Tyler) kids welcome. PLEASE bring your significant other, unless they don't care for girltalk, barbecue, homeade slaw, beans, potato salad -- or building, OR shooting firearms. We COULD make a trip to the Isaac Walton League range for tryouts. If you "live at least 50 miles away," (RBTL) there's no regular $10 fee to shoot.

Tyler: Create a screen name and get on the board, we need youngblood in this sport and you and that young fellow you call your dad are the future of the U.S. We need you. You may be "only" ten, but you've got a lot more going for you than you'll realize until you're "old." There's a German saying that says "Too soon old, but too late smart." If you can figure that out and believe it, you'll know what I'm meaning.

OK, guys and gals, when are we gonna' get together again?

CARRY on!
Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi mr.gary it's tyler. i have a screen name now and i got the idea from your shirt from the build :D. Do you like my screen name, pretty cool huh?
also i think the saying means that you want to grow up fast but learn very little while growing up so fast.

p.s. i miss your coleslaw.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gary, Be back in country after the 11th. Looking forward to getting my build up and running. Welcome aboard to Tyler, have fun and enjoyed meeting you and your Dad.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yes It's Legal! said:
hi mr.gary it's tyler. i have a screen name now and i got the idea from your shirt from the build :D. Do you like my screen name, pretty cool huh?
also i think the saying means that you want to grow up fast but learn very little while growing up so fast.

p.s. i miss your coleslaw.

WOW!! Mister Gary-I wasn;t there but you must of made a real impresion on him:D

I for one love that screen name, I don't think you can get more 1919 than that:cool:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coleslaw

Tyler, welcome to the board. I am proud you used the slogan from my "T" shirt, though the slogan's not origonal. There's still leftover coleslaw, it never goes bad, you know -- just like youngsters properly brought up. You're always welcome back and we have a guestroom reserved with your's and your dad's name on it.

I hope you grow up more safely than I did -- I'd say it's a wonder I ever did, but the business manager says I haven't -- yet .

CARRY on!

"Mister" Gary

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would love to join in again.I had a great time at the 1st build.I trip to the range would be a good thing,hard to find a place to shoot around here.gunut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts